Chapter 17.

A week had passed.

Exams were finally over.

Slade didn't appear near my house, and barely made small talk with me when he spotted me in school.

I hope I didn't push his buttons far enough for him to end our friendship or change the way it was or we were before.

Fingers crossed though.

"Thank you again Grace for the help. With the exams going on it has been a stressful week" Mr.Altman speaks.

"No problem Mr.Altman" I reply examining a pile of papers on his desk.

"You know...", "yeah!" a voice cheers loudly from the hallways cutting Mr.Altman off.

"What in the world? Who is this lunatic?" he questions standing up from his seat.

I tried my best not to laugh, but the smile on my face fought to be displayed across my lips.

Before Mr.Altman could reach the front door from his office it flew open.

"It's you" he sighs in annoyance sitting back down.

"Yeah it's me!" he informs.

"With some news!" he adds.

"In your face!" he shouts slamming the exam results onto his desk.

Mr.Altman looked down at the 93% written across his exam with wide eyes.

Removing his glasses from his face he cleaned them properly then adjusted them on his face calmly.

Squinting his eyes he examined the score once more.

Removing his glasses and placing them on his desk his folds his hands together and looks at him.

"There has to be some kind of mistake" Mr.Altman states.

Is he serious?

"Are you stupid?!" Slade questions.

"No Johnson, I am not. I'm pretty sure the scores must have gotten mixed up. Your real score instead of a 93% probably is a 39%" he hypothesizes.

Is he serious.

Slade is capable of getting a 93%, he is very smart. I don't understand why Mr.Altman is minimizing Slade.

He's a nice man, but when it comes to Slade he's not always in the best moods.

However, you can't blame him.

There are list of things Slade had done to Mr.Altman in these past years.

Bad things, really really bad things.

"No! I earned that 93% fair and square!" Slade defends.

"Impossible" he laughs.

That's what you think.

"That's what you think" Slade repeats what I was thinking.

"Oh that's what I know. You've never passed an exam over 65% Slade. What makes you think you can reach 93% within a couple of weeks?" he questions.

"You just don't want to admit that I actually proved you wrong!" Slade states.

He laughs again.

This principle sure is full of himself.

"Alright. So let me check. Errors like these always occur." he explains.

"What's on the computer is what matters Johnson" he adds.