Parasites and Bets

Disclaimer: I do not own The Hobbit or any of its characters. Everything belongs to J.R.R. Tolkien and Peter Jackson. However I do own Ashlynn and her story.

The picture above is Ashlynn and Jolene's necklaces. Jolene's on the left, just imagine it having gold eyes instead. Ashlynn's is on the right which is the phoenix. I imagined it silver instead of black and the black onyx stone to look more like a glittering gemstone.

Chapter 7

I woke up only for it to be pouring rain.

'I hate the rain. I hate the cold. I hate being wet' I mentally complain.

We pack up camp quickly due to the rain. Soon were all riding our ponies through a muddy forest while it's STILL raining. Well technically it's not really my pony, it was Kili's since we are sharing. We are all freezing, wet, and absolutely miserable.

One dwarf, I think it's Dori, asks "Mr. Gandalf, can't you do something about this deluge?"

"It is raining, Master Dwarf, and it will continue to rain until the rain is done. If you wish to change the weather of the world, you should find yourself another wizard" Gandalf sasses back.

"Are there any? Other wizards I mean"asks Bilbo.

"There are five of us. The greatest of our order is Saruman the White" Gandalf replies.

"Greatest but not the smartest. Or the most useful" I deadpan.

Gandalf raises an eyebrow questionably at me.

"What? I just don't like the way he deals with things. He thinks being powerful is the only way to deal with things. You're better at dealing with problems." I blurt out.

"Then there are the two blue wizards, you know I've quiet forgotten their names" Gandalf continues.

"Pallando and Alatar" I add.

"You know of them?"

I nod "Yeah"

"How much do you know about Middle-Earth?" Gandalf curiously asks me.

"Too much" I say regretfully.

"And who is the fifth?" Bilbo presses.

"Ah. That would be Radagast the Brown."replies Gandalf.

"Is he a great wizard or is he...more like you" Bilbo deadpans.

I snicker but cover it up with a cough when Gandalf glances back at me. He looks a bit offended. I zone out of what Gandalf is saying until we stop at an old ruined farmhouse.

"Fili, Kili look after the ponies. Make sure you stay with them." Thorin demands.

Jo and I start unloading bags of food from the ponies. We watch Thorin and Gandalf have an argument.

"I think it would be wiser to move on. We could make for the Hidden Valley." Gandalf tells Thorin.

"I have told you already. I will not go near that place."

"Why not? The elves could help us. We could get food, rest, advice" Gandalf pushes.

"I do not need their advice"

"We have a map that we cannot read. Lord Elrond could help us" Gandalf snips back.

"Help? A dragon attacks Erebor, what help came from the Elves? Orcs plunder Moria, desecrate our sacred halls, the Elves looked on and did nothing. You ask me to seek out the very people who betrayed my grandfather and betrayed my father" Thorin snarls.