Songs and Strange Birds

Disclaimer:I do not own The Hobbit or any of its characters. Everything belongs to J. R.R.Tolkien and Peter Jackson. However I do own Ashlynn and her story.
~
The picture above is supposed to be Ashlynn with her weapons but her face kind of got cut off. Sorry.

I give credit to @Fendril for giving me the names for the birds which I absolutely love.

Chapter 5

Recall:'There are three loud knocks on the door.

'He is here' Gandalf mumers.
-----------------------------------------------

Thorin Oakenshield is standing just outside the door.

Thorin steps inside and pulls off his fur-lined cloak and says "Gandalf, I thought you said this place would be easy to find. I lost my way, twice. Wouldn't have found it at all had it not been for the mark on the door."

"Mark?" Bilbo questions, "There's no mark on that door it was painted a week ago".

A snicker escapes my lips as Jo bites back a laugh. I never could control myself.

"There is a mark, I put it there myself." Gandalf informs Bilbo.

"Bilbo, allow me to introduce the leader of our company, Thorin Oakenshield." Gandalf introduces.

"So this is the Hobbit. Tell me, Mr.Baggins, have you done much fighting" Thorin circles Bilbo as he interrogates the poor hobbit.

"Excuse me?" Bilbo questions.

"Ax or sword? What's your weapon of choice."asks Thorin.

He insultes Bilbo and all the dwarves laugh. The only ones that don't laugh are Gandalf, Jo and I.

Thorin then turns to Jo and I.

"Who are you?" Thorin asks us suspiciously.

We pull our hoods down but stay silent.

"Oh Thorin, this is Ash and her cousin Jolene. They will be joining uson this quest"

Thorin growls "Elves! I will not have any elves on this quest. Especially female elves"

I glare viciously at Thorin and hiss "We are NOT elves"

Thorin glares right back and asks "Gandalf I thought you brought capable warriors. Why have you brought woman here. They cannot accompany us."

Dwalin grumbles "Woman don't belong on dangerous quest or the wild for that matter. Especially ones who can't defend themselves".

I narrow my eyes and glare at Dwalin.

'Who the fuck does he think is is saying that shit? If there is ever a competition, I'll gladly kick Dwalin's arse'

I reach for one of my daggers, but Jo grabs my arm and shakes her head at me. Gandalf notices this but thankfully doesn't say anything. I look down at my arm and raise my eyebrows as I look back up at Jo. She quickly lets go and holds her hands up in surrender.

I pull out a dagger and with no warning, stab it in the table directly between Dwalin's fingers as he reaches for his mug of ale, all without breaking my gaze.

Everyone goes dead silent and stares at me.

Dwalin looks down at the dagger embedded in the table then back up at me in shock. I delicately reach over and pull out the dagger out of the table.

"Whoever said we can't fight?" I ask unemotionally.

"It's because you're woman. And women don't know how to fight" Thorin says annoyed.