Chapter 30

I got out of hospital a week later. We still hadn't told anyone we were getting married.
"You're telling Bruce and my Dad." I hiss. There was no way I was going to tell the two scariest people on the planet that Dick are getting married. That feels so weird to think that! Dick and I are actually getting married! We had called a whole batfamily meeting, including my dad. We all sat in silence. OR rather, Bruce and Dad talked about crime, Damian, Jason and Tim threatened each other, Stephanie was explaining interior design to Cass, who was listening patiently. Alfred was cooking, and occasionally (Actually, like every five seconds) scolding Damian, Jason and Tim. It was just Dick and I who sat in silence.

After we finished the main course, I cleared my throat. Dick put his hand on mine under the table.
"Um, everyone? We have an announcement to make." I said, trying to keep a straight face. Damian raised his hand eagerly.
"Ooh! Ooh! I know! You and Grayson have finally decided to put the documents of marriage I faked back when Father was dead into action!" Everyone looked at the little devil.
"Um, what?" I asked quietly.
"Yeah...what're you talking about?" Bruce asked.

"Er...nothing! Continue on, Gordon. You're all imbeciles! And you're um, hearing things! Yes, that's it." Dick shook his head.

"Well, everyone. I've proposed to Barbara." He said.
"And I accepted." I add. Everyone looks at us in shock. Until Steph jumps to her feet, squealing.

"It's about time! You've both had crushes on each other, even before I was BG! Also, can I do the interior design? And what colours are you-" Jason put his hand on her mouth.
"That's cool. Blondie's right, it's about time." Everyone nods, accept my Dad and Bruce, who are both steely faced.

"Good for you, Barbara." Cass said quietly.
"The documents will no longer be faked!" Damian cried gleefully. Everyone turned to him again. "TT. It's not like I forged marriage documents between Gordon and Grayson to protect my father' hair from golddiggers when he was dead...or anything! Shut up, you imbeciles!" Damian yelled, although no one said anything.
"That's great, guys!" Tim added. Alfred grinned, hugging us both.
"I'm very happy for you both." He said in his usual grandfather manner. Bruce looked at us both with his Bat-glare.

"How long had this been building?" He asked carefully. Dick and I looked at each other.

"Well, I've had a crush on him since I was like, ten." I say.

"And I've always had a crush on her. And I asked her out last year."
"And Dick proposed to me when we were saving the world, after Artemis..."

"Note to self, get the Lazarous Pit working." Dick muttered.

"I know! I mean, it's like im-" I'm interrupted by Bruce.

"And you're both sure you want to do this?" We nod vigorously. Bruce stands up, and walks over to us. His face is about an inch from both of us, and for a moment he looks like he's going to clobber us both. Then he hugs us both tightly. After Dick and I pull away, we look at my Dad.
"Dad?" I ask quietly. He looked at Bruce, then grinned.
"Practically in-laws." They both laughed, and collapsed into chuckles. Now everyone else was staring at them like they were idiots.

"What do you mean?" Tim asked.
"When Dick and Barbara first met, well, Jim and I were talking about how they just clicked, and how they were practically in love already." Bruce explained, still giggling. I have never seen my Dad or Bruce giggle.

"Father! Gordon! Stop it! It's freaking me out!" Damian commanded. "Imbeciles." He muttered. I guess he was the only thing either of them are scared of.