Chapter 5

The redheaded girl watched NightWing fly into the distance. She hadn't spoken to anyone but Cass and Bruce. She was the only one who knew about the plan. The fact the NightWing was dating Zatanna changed the redhead's mind about telling him. And yet something inside her longed to tell him. Cass came over and leant against the wall.

"You OK?" She said quietly. The girl nodded. "You know you should tell him, right?" She said quietly. The redhead sighed.

"Maybe." She said with an obviously faked english voice.

"Red, you're making a huge mistake if you don't tell him." Cass said. "If you don't tell, I will."

"Fine, fine, fine."

Cass pushed Red toward the mansion doorbell.

"I changed my mind, let's just bail." She said. Wondergirl pushed her more. The Wayne butler answered the door.

"Ah. Capes. I take it you're here to help Master NightWing through Miss Batgirl's passing?" He said sadly.

"Yes." Red said, taping her nose. The butler nodded. Cass pulled Red up the stairs.

Red knocked on the door. No answer. She nocked three more times. Then she gave up and kicked open the door. NightWing was lying on his bed in sunglasses. Red had her mouth covered, and was wearing sunglasses.

"What?" He said. Red peeled off her sunglasses and jacket. "B-B-Babs?" Babs nodded, taking his hand, trying to smile. "What the hell?"

"Dick, I'm so sorry! But Psimon found my identity. And yours. And everyone else. I had to distract them while M'gann cleared his mind. Bruce wasn't taking chances. I was angry at you for dating Zatanna. I didn't think you'd care anymore than her." Babs said.

"Babs, of course I would care!" Dick yelled, angrier than he meant. Babs looked out the window.

"I told Cass."

"What!? You told WonderGirl and not me?" Dick yelled.

"She's just as much my friend as you are. More so, in these last months." Babs muttered this last part.

"Ok." Dick whispered. Then he kissed her. It only lasted a second, before Babs punched him in the jaw. "What was that for?"

"Dunno. Guess being dead makes you weird." Babs laughed. Dick held his jaw, but he could hear Cassie outside the door.

"Oh, come in!" He cried. Cass opened the door.

"Actually, I was going to find Tim." She said, then flew off.

"So, being dead makes you weird?" Dick continued. "Guess I wouldn't know."

"Listen Dick, in the immortal words of Wally West, you're a dog. Not that I have anything against Titus. You're not ready for me. But someday, I know we're gonna feel again, just like we did when we were young." Babs said quietly.

"We're nineteen. I'd say that's young." Dick replied.

"You get my point!"

"So, you gonna tell the others you're not dead?"

"I guess I have to. I'm kinda missing A."
"Well, I kinda quit the whole hero thing." Dick says. Damian walks past the door, barely looking in. Then he backs it up.
"Gordon? TT. You're dead! You are seeing this, Grayson?" Damian says, confused.
"Yeah, kinda faked my death." Babs said.
"Imbeciles." Damian muttered, walking away. Dick shut the door.
"We'll talk to Bruce later." He said, touching Barbara's arm.
"Right now, I'm just happy you're alive."