Chapter 23

"So what your saying is-" I do a somersault over the bed. "We're going on a trip to Romania?"
"Yes."
"No."
"C'mon, Babs! Please? Just the two of us?"
"No."
"But it's Romania! My family's from there!"
"Your grandparents moved to the US. No one's been back since." I reminded him. "Besides, what if we get a mission?"
"Kaldur can handle that."
"Not if it's one that specifically requires us."
"The trip is for a week."
"That's seven whole days the world could end."
"You're coming." Dick gives me puppy dog eyes. They work better than my death stare.
"Fine. When do we leave, and where are we staying, et cetera, et cetera?" I huff.
"Tomorrow, we need to be at the airport at six."
"In the morning?"
"Yes. There's still time for patrol." Dick says. "We're going to stay in a cabin just outside of Bucharest."
"It's going to be freezing." I mutter.
"I took the liberty of buying you a week's worth of winter clothes." Dick says.
"Bribery, really?" I throw my arms around him.
"Really. It'll be fun, Babs! We'll go to the National Museum of Art, Arcul de Triumf, the Palace of Justice."
"Palace of Justice?"
"Part of the reason Bruce is paying for us to go."
"Bruce is paying? And here I thought you were being romantic."
"Bruce wants us to represent the JLA at an international convention of heroes."
"That's a thing?"
"Every few years. Discuss global threats."
"There are more versions of the JLA?"
"Yeah. Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, and South American divisions."
"Right..."

Dick and I are some of the first people to board the plane. First Class.
"You know, Barbara Gordon's never been on a plane."
"And Batgirl?"
"Qualified pilot."

As we take off, I stare out the window. The times I've been in the bio-ship and BatJet haven't been so...relaxing. Dick grabs my hand. We have two huge TV's in front of us, but I pull his in front of us so we can watch the same movie at the same time.