Chapter 7

Zatanna's POV

When all NightWing did was talk about some mystery girl, I was jealous. When we were together, he still wouldn't shut up about her. When Batgirl joined, I knew instantly his caped vixen was her. Sure, she seems nice, but it's her fault NightWing broke up with me! Not sure how, but still! So when I walked into her room to apologise, of all things, the last thing I expected was to find my ex-boyfriend inside her.

"Zatanna, this isn't what it looks like!" NightWing said calmly, pulling a sheet over Batgirl and himself.
"It looks like you're fucking Batgirl." I screeched. I didn't care if I woke up the entire league. They deserved it. Batgirl pulled a t-shirt and shorts on.
"Zatanna, please. It's not like you and NightWing didn't do this stuff back when you were...you know." She said defensively. But it was too late. Connor, Cassie, Wally, Meghan, Artemis and Gar had all come running. Although the two heroes were clothed, Meghan covered her brother's eyes.

Babs's POV
"Just great, witch girl." I yelled. "For once in my life, I forgot my problems. Sure, you're dad is stuck as some magical being. Guess what? My parents are dead, my adoptive mother/aunt left the city when I was eight, and I don't know if she's alive, I thought I had killed my psycho brother for three years, and my dad could be killed at any moment!" I yelled, shoving everyone to the side. Connor tried to keep me in. But I slid right past the clone. "You and NW aren't even dating anymore! And I bet you don't even know his identity." I typed in my location into the Zeta-Beam, then once I appeared in the Bat-cave, I short circuited it so no one could follow me.

Dick's POV

Zatanna has been acting strange ever since I broke up with her. I thought she would've been happy for me, finally dating the girl I had had a crush on since I was nine. And now Babs will NEVER be in the same room as me again, let alone kiss me. After Meghan, Kaldur, Connor and the others left, Zatanna just stood in the hallway. She came into the room, letting the door slide behind her.

"Well that got rid of the Bratgirl." She laughed.

"What?!" I yelled. Zatanna smiled sweetly.

"Oh, NightWing, I know it's me you've wanted all along!" She giggled quietly. I took a step back, my fist clenched.

"No, Zatanna. Now get out of my room." I growled in a voice worthy of Batman.

"I know you were just trying to play hard to get with me." She cooed, gliding closer. I felt the wall behind me.

"No." I repeated. "You don't even know my identity."

"Come on, I'm not done with you!" Just then, my door slid open once again. In full costume, Babs was standing in the light. Unfortunately, the position Zatanna and I were in wasn't the best. She had me pressed against a wall, and for some odd reason, I was grinning when I saw Babs.

"What," Babs growled, in a voice even better than Bruce. "Is going on, NightWing?"

"Ba-I mean-Batgirl! Um, this was nothing! Zatanna was-" I hurriedly said. Babs scowled and gave me a look that meant death. If she had laser eyes, she could've killed me. She still might.

"Oh! So it's her fault now is it?" Babs screeched Canary worthy cry. I guess Dinah's rubbed off on her. "No, Boy Blunder!" Usually 'boy blunder' was used when we playfully fought. Now, it was full of venom and hate. "This. Was. All. You." She began to point to visible bruises and cuts. "This, this, this and this was all ultimately you. You were the turning point in letting me join the Bats. You were the one who got me on this team. And you broke. My. Heart." Babs walked in, and slammed a fist into both me and Zatanna before either of us could react, then she stormed out faster than Wally.