Chapter 21

James' P.O.V.

Glancing down at Olivia in my arms I can’t help but to cringe at the thought that she could be mine by now. It’s almost like she’s forgotten what happened not to long ago.

So James? How’s it going?” she asks trying to break the awkwardness.

Ignoring her I kick a snake winding its self up my leg. I don’t tend to take rejection very well.

“mmhhhm I imagine life’s been better.” She fills in.

Sending her a no dip sherlock look I continue to play with the snakes. The sight itself is revolting enough to make me want to puke. Their muscular shiny body entangling themselves in one another, there’s so many you can’t tell what is head and body. Just one giant mass of scaly slithering creatures.  I shudder praying that none of them are poisonous.

“James?"  

Still playing with the snake. 

James?” 

Oh that’s where its head is! 

“James please stop ignoring me!” She pleads.

“I’m not.” I say hoping she’ll take the hint and shut up.

“Can I explain?” she sighs

“Explain what!? You said no, and I’m not asking again.” I snap looking at her.

“Everything! I just practically met you! You can’t just expect me to fall in love with you in practically three weeks!!!”

“Well I did so why can’t you! Besides if you won’t marry me, you’ll probably end up with some old fat lusting man who you’ll have no choice but to love!”

“And I’ll just tell that lad no too!”

Oh yeah and that’ll work.” I say sarcastically.

“There’s no need to be so bitter about it!” she snarls.

I snort.

“You know what! I’m glad I said no! Then I was just nervous and everything, but my real answer would be yes!” She yells at the top of her lungs. The snakes react and sort of sway their head towards us.

“Fine then! I’m glad you said no too!” I start, dropping her.

“It’s not like you were going to say ye-wait what?” I realize a little too late. The snakes are crawling up to her and slowly coiling around her. Dear me that’s why they looked so big! They’re constrictors!!!

"Dratz” I yell trying to yank her out of its grips.

She’s crying hysterically and the movement is only making her choke more. Our distraught movements make the rest of the snakes move about, getting up and swaying their heads. Reaching in my pocket I retrieve a dagger and gouge it into the creatures eyes. For a second its attention is diverted to me, and a second is all Olivia needs. With tears streaming down her face, she slips out and looks around the hole for an exit. Somehow she spies a line in the wall and pries it open. Sprinting through she reaches in her skirt, grabs a dagger, and quickly throws them at the snake I’m fighting off. Slipping out of its grips I head for the door and we kill the few monsters that made it through. Breathing heavily we lean against the wall as far away from the dead snakes as possible. I start to laugh for some peculiar reason and she joins in. Stopping quickly she punches my arm as hard as possible.

“Ow! What was that for?!” I cry rubbing my shoulder. 

“For dropping me in the first place!” she states as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

“I guess I deserve that, now where were we before that all happened.” I smirk.

Her cheeks redden and a mumbled, “I don’t know? Care to remind me?” escape her lips. 

“Eehhh well I did say I wouldn’t ask again and I never go back on my word, but maybe this time I could make an exception.” I say reaching in my pocket and pulling out a ring. 

Or!” She says snatching the ring, “I could ask.” And with that she get’s on one knee and in her best impression of a man’s voice asks if I will marry her. Making my voice go up several octaves I do my best impression of an excited lass saying Yes! Yes! Oh Yes! We laugh at this for a while and I snatch the ring back asking her for real,

“Will you marry me?”

And she of course answers, “Yes! Yes! Of course yes!” And after slipping the ring on her finger we indulge in a sweet passionate kiss. Breaking the kiss I cup her head in my hands and rub her cheeks with my thumbs.

“You may not entirely love me now, but I swear Olivia, by the time were married, we’ll be so madly in love, we’ll forget that a me and a you ever existed." 

“And why would we want to forget ourselves.” She asks giving me a puzzled look and nudging her head into the nape of my neck while kissing it softly.

“Cause we’ll only remember there being an us.”

She removes her head from my neck and cocks an eyebrow up. “That was surprisingly… smooth. . . you’re not going to ruin it now with some foolish comment.” She says wrapping her arms around my waste and beaming up at me.

“I don’t think so. . .”I finish stooping down for another kiss.

“Wait, and how do we get out of here?” I question right before our lips touch.

“Yup you killed it.” She says unwinding her arms and heading in the only direction that might lead out.

“Whhatttt!! How?!”

“You just did.” She says giggling.

“Wait! Don’t find the way out now! There are things we can do in here that would be considered ill-mannered for a prince! Waaaiiiitttt!!!" 

“Even the more reason to leave!” She says gathering her skirts and sprinting past a corner.

“Your laughing now, but you’ll regret this later when we have no privacy!” I yells chasing after my beloved, wonderful, beautiful, and most of all intelligent fiancé! 

_______________________________________________________________________________

That snake part was so scary for me to write! I'm deathly afraid of those things and in order to write it i had to imagine it first and it was around four in the morning and i was imagining them all around me O_O . . . . anyway! hope you enjoyed that little part, it might just have to hold you guys over for a couple weeks though! DX IM SRRY!!! I'm having a writers block with this, and i want the last chapters to be AMAZING!!! so pretty please be patient with me?!