I threw up biscuits for love?

This ah-mazing chapter is dedicated to LaLaLandy for giving me my ah-mazingly AWESOME book cover!!!! uh huh that's right, i know you wish u had it.  BUT TO BAD YOU DON'T HAH! ahaha aight, im just joshin with ya'll, enjoy the chapter! 

___________________________________________________________________

Matilda's P.O.V.

            I wake up in the morning to a vague memory of what went on last night. Did I really cry in front of someone? Not just anyone but Garret? And did he really kiss me on the forehead? I reach for my neck and feel the cool silver of my locket confirming everything I thought was true. Groaning I pull a pillow over my face continuing to groan even louder.

“Someone had an interesting night.” Jane greets sitting on my bed and wagging her eyebrows.

“Mmmm…say it ain’t so.” I groan sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

“You care to explain?”

I try giving her a brief description of the night, but she won't have it. So in the end I give her one of the most detailed stories of my life. By the time I get to the kiss part, there are at least ten girls crowded around my bed, and they all squeal in excitement.

“Is he dreamy?” a short girl with blond curls asks.

“uhh…”

“Is he rich?” another inputs. 

“hmmm.”

“If you don’t want him can I have him?”

And with that the room erupts into voices. Some are complementing on how romantic he is, others dreaming about meeting him, some even insulting him wondering what kind of boy would kiss someone like me.

“What’s with all the commotion?” Garret asks sauntering in and plopping down on my bed.

“Uhhh…” I repeat shocked at his presence. He raises an eyebrow becoming a bit freaked out by all the weirdness in the room. Jumping on my knees I grab my pillow and close it around his ears.

“SHUT UP! HE’S RIGHT HERE!” 

            The room quiets down and I remove the pillow from around his head.

“Uh well you guys are needed in the dining hall.” He tells us raising an eyebrow at all the girls’ stares.

I nod my head in confirmation and he dashes out of our room. As soon as he leaves most of the common girls coo in delight. Some pretended to faint, and others (the richer girls looking for a prince) cross there arms and deny the fact that he is drop dead gorgeous.

            After that we all get up and rush down to the dining hall, excited to hear the reason for requesting our presence. Fancy china is placed all around the room and cute little biscuits and tea are being served from platters. Just as I'm about to reach for one, a tall thin woman with brittle gray hair walks in and grabs my wrist. 

“My dear, I would hope you’d have more manners than that.” She states glaring at me. I drop the biscuit only because her death grip is killing my wrist, and step back into line with the rest of the girls.

“Attention Ladies!” the room quiets down the girls’ eyes fixed on the peculiar figure in front of them.

“ I hope you know that the ball being held in three weeks is most extraordinary. I have no idea why, but the king mentioned something about a new ruler taking care of these lands.” She says pacing around.

“So in order for there to be a new king, there must be a new Queen.” She finishes stopping and raising and eyebrow at us. The room immediately picks up in chatter.