Chapter 20

Still in Olivia's P.O.V. 

The sound of rushing water wakes me up. I slowly open my eyes to see that I’m no longer in the middle of the lawn, but in a rather beautiful area. To my left lays a grand array of white roses and cherry trees, with each of the trees petals littering the floor. The floor looks white almost as if it’s made out of marble, but it’s odd because were outside. There’s a fountain in the middle of the area made out of sterling silver and different statues of playing mythical creatures make up the fountain. Sitting up I realize I’m laying on a marble bench that has an ornate design on it. And as I look harder, I notice even the floor has and intricate design covering it.

“Good you’re finally up.” A voice that sounds a lot like James says from somewhere around me.

Freaked that I can’t find him and I can only hear his voice I plug and unplug my ears making sure I’m not going mad.

“Chill I’m up here.” I look up to see the bench is below a massive cherry tree and its petals are slowly gliding down towards the ivory floor. James is sitting on one of its branches looking down at me.

“How long was I out?” I ask totally confused as to how I got here.

“Not to long, maybe around fifteen minutes.”

“Oh.” I say watching as a petal flutters through the wind.

“Your not going to do that every time I try to kiss you are you?” he asks sounding more serious than I would think he could manage.

“I don’t know. Just don’t try to kiss me again.” I whisper the last part, and close my hand as the petal I was watching falls into my palm.

“But what if I need to?” He whispers too, hanging upside down from the branch.

“That’s preposterous no one needs to kiss someone. It’s not as if you’ll die.” I say raising my voice and meeting his eyes.

“I think I just might.” He still whispers. I duck my head transfixed by his words. He looked so serious when he said that. The brown of his eyes didn’t have a tinge of that ever so familiar humorous sparkle.

“Waaaomph!” I wail as I’m picked up from my bench and placed atop of the same branch he’s on.

“How on earth! I know I’m not that light.” I ponder more to myself.

“Well take a look at these things babe, what cant I lift.” He says grinning and flexing his biceps.

“mhm.” I say before ducking my head again because I’m pretty sure my face is turning as red as his hair right about now. Playing with my fingers I try to ignore the fact that I can feel him getting closer to me. He pulls me over against his chest, and leans into the crook of the tree. One leg propped up on the branch, the other dangling in the sea of white below. I’m able to prop both feet up on the branch while he slowly traces a heart on my hand.

“Olivia.” He whispers slightly turning me so that were looking eye to eye.

“Yes?” I answer whispering, wondering where my voice went. It looks like he wants to ask me something. But he just can’t seem to get it out. His brow comes together in frustration, but he seems to settle on this instead.

“Just don’t faint.” He says letting out a sigh as he leans in closer. And just like that he kisses me.

And I let him.

It’s not a quick peck like I’ve seen many people in my village do, but a long and ravenous one. My hands move on their own and as they run through his hair. He pushes me closer to him, so that theirs not an inch of space between us. His hands roam in places I’m sure would be considered improper for a prince, but I don’t care because I’m probably doing the same exact thing. Both our hearts beat rapidly as we slowly run out of air. But neither one of us is willing to come up for oxygen. James chooses to come up first and as he gasps for air, I lay my head on his chest and pant as quietly as I can.