The king, nightmares, and bears, oh my!

The King's P.O.V. aka Matilda's father

There is knock at the door while I'm having my portrait painted for me. Probably another annoying maid, she would go away in time. There's yet another knock.Still ignoring the noise, I focus  on making my face look intimidating yet not scary. The person was now banging franticly at my door.

“Yes!” I yell breaking my pose, and putting the most frightening scowl on the artist’s face. My daughter’s nurse comes in looking pale and panicked.

 “Y-you-your- Maj-Majesty.” She stutters.

I don’t know why we kept the girl she had the most displeasing stutter, yet my now deceased wife had found something worth keeping in her. I would fire her later, I remind my self.

“Yes, Kira?” I ask trying to be patient with her.

 “Oh! tis hor-horred S-sir!” She stammers immediately breaking into tears. Which made the stuttering far worse than it should have been.

“T-th-the  Princess! Sh-Sh-She is gone! She blubbers.

“She is never here Kira I don’t see the problem.” I say getting ready to pose again.

“N-No sir! Sh-she is gone! On a j-journey! A pr-prisoner to-told us of h-her plans to l-le-leave!”

 “So we wait a month and if she isn’t back by then we send a search party, problem solved. Now leave Kira. Before I decide to not only banish you but, behead you.” I state adjusting my royal attire and  going back to pose.

Her mouth hangs open before she quickly closes it.

“Y-yo-your wife w-wo-would not be p-pr-proud.” She stammers before shutting the door behind her.

Yeah Kira, well your not the first to tell me that.

Matilda's P.O.V.

 I can’t breathe, I think staring at thick smog of smoke. Surely I’m going to die.

“Matilda! Matilda honey!” an all to familiar voice yells for me.

“Mom?” I choke, suffocating on smoke.

 “Honey! where are you?!?!” she screams.

“No moma, no..stay…” I try to tell her. I know if she comes to find me only one of us will make it out alive. But just as I'm  about to black out  I see her hand reach out for me.

Jerking up in my sleep I knock into something hard. I was having that stupid dream again.

“You okay?” a deep groggy voice says hovering over me.

 Wait where was I again? Opening my eyes I see Garrett in front of me rubbing his head. I jerk back as a reflex and bang my head on the floor, since his face is obviously not the first thing I was expecting.

“What were you doing?” I hiss..

 “Chill, you were thrashing around like a rabid animal so I came to check out what was going on.” He says unpleased by my attitude this early in the morning.

 “Well nothing was going on, and now thanks to you, I’ve got wo massive welts on my head.” I say rubbing the spots I now realize are throbbing.

“Hmmph, you ought to learn manners.”

 “Well haven’t you ever heard of personal space!”

 “I thought you were in trouble and I came to help!”

 “I can handle myself just fine thank you.”

“So she says…”

“Hey love birds, quit the chit chat and help us get breakfast going.” Nate says barging in to the tent. I hear snickers from outside and instantly my cheeks redden.