The End

Matilda's P.O.V. 

Staring out the window I count the amount of guest swarming the castle. Sighing I press my forehead against the cool glass. How am I supposed to lead a kingdom? That's the whole reason I went in search of the sword anyway. Pouting more and more I catch sight of a familiar sight.  

Garrett stands just outside greeting hundres of guest. And unlike most royalty, he honestly knows everyone coming in. The majority of them are peasents that are taken aback by the view of the castle. I sigh even more, and bite my lip trying to decide wether or not to run away again. Coming to a conclusion I sprint to my closet and swing the doors open. White flashes in my eyes before I slam it closed and decide to just run in what I'm wearing. Taking some money I reach for the handle, but it's twisting before I even get a grip on it.

"Oh no you don't." Mayla says holding a dress and pulling me away from the door. "You are most definitely not running out on my brother's wedding." she says turing me round and undoing my braid.

"No Mayla! You don't understand. You don't want me to be in charge of this kingdom." I say snatching my braid back.

"Nope, nuh uh, not listening. You are not dismissing your wedding, besides your just nervous!" She says dismissing the subject and getting my bath water ready. 

"I've been nervous for months now, this is pure panic!" I say getting into the bath full of flower petals and soap bubbles.

"Oh you'll do just fine. If I didn't think you were suitable for my brother and this kingdom, I would have gotten rid of you long ago." She says tossing me a sponge and shutting the door. 

Bathing myself I think about everything that's soon to come. Soon after the wedding and honeymoon we must get started on fixing the kingdom. There's to much damage to repair! Our King is illiterate and the Queen is built for fighting! Just great, this kingdom is doomed.

"I'm coming in." a voice sings from outside. 

"Okay mother."

She floats in through the door out of her key form.

"Mayla told me you were getting cold feet." she says hovering on the side of the tub.

"Maybe?" I whine dunking my head into the water.

"Did I ever tell you how scared I was to become Queen?"

"You scared? Preposterous." I say baffled. 

"It's true I was! I was so scared I threw up right as the priest told me to say I do." she says laughing at the distant memory. 

"Really?!"

"Yes. But for some strange reason after that I was no longer nervous." 

"Great, so all I have to do is vomet right before I kiss him." I say sarcasticly.

"No! It was just after we were married,  I no longer cared how everyone saw me fit to be Queen. I just cared about what your father thought." 

I stay silent tossing the thought over in my head. 

"And I knew that we'd help eachother in a way. He wasn't ready to be King and I wasn't ready to be Queen. But somehow that combination was perfect." She smiles softly as if remembering her wedding day.

"Thanks mother." I say smiling up at her.

"No problem pumpkin, remeber I'll always love you." She says blowing me a kiss then floating out of the washroom.

I soak in the water till I feel myself become pruney. Walking out of the tub I dry off and put on undergarments. I sit in front of the vanity brushing my shoulder length hair. A purplish bruise lays above my eyebrow from an archery fight I had yesterday with Garrett. This isn't at all how I'd thought I'd look when getting married.