Chapter 16

Garrett's P.O.V. 

“None of these rooms have a sword in them!” Giddy wails already giving up on the search.

“Why are you so tired! You’re the one whose been hitching a ride on my back this whole time!” I reply placing her down on the floor.

She plops to the ground and sprawls out on the floor, moving her arms and legs back and forth trying to create a snow angel in the carpet mumbling something I can't hear.

“Common, we still have at least twenty more rooms to search.”

“I can’t go on! You must leave me here Prince Garrett! Leave me to my people!” She says over dramatically placing one of her tiny hands over her forehead.

 The life of a six year old is filled with such oddities.

“But princess Giddy, we must! If we don’t leave now, how will your kingdom ever prosper?” I beg getting down on my knees and playing along.

“What does prosper mean?” 

“Uhh, to have more than needed.”

“Oh. My kingdom doesn’t need me to prosper!” she wails getting back into character.

“Of course it does!”

“No it doesn’t”

“Of course it does!”

“No it doesn’t.”

This is going to be a long day.

 Matilda's P.O.V.

Just standing next to Grace irritates me in ways I can’t begin to explain. As we walk through the main hallways of the castle, her eyes constantly fidget looking around the corridors as if something is bound to jump out and eat her. She clasps a hand around her wrist and lets her hands dangle in front of her. And occasionally her eyes wonder to me as if she has a question, but when I raise my eyebrows and acknowledge that I'm willing to answer, she ducks her head and fidgets more!

Soon I figure it’d be easier to ignore her. We're already half way through all the rooms in the castle and so far it looks as if no one even knows this sword existed! Of course it does! No it doesn’t! Of course it does! No it doesn’t, are phrases I can hear coming from my left. Grace and I come round a corner only to find Giddy and Garrett arguing.

“Cooommmoon Giddy! We need to keep looking!” Garrett wails.

“Whhhyyyy? Can’t we just stop now and lie about searching every room when Matilda asks?” Giddy complains.

There 's a silence as if he's actually contemplating the idea.

“You know what, your right. I highly doubt it’s in our search range anyway. Plus I mean it can’t be to hard to lie to that girl.” He finishes. They both get up and start happily walking to where I I'm standing crossing my arms.

Oh dear my! You about gave me a heart attack Matti! I hope you didn’t hear anything we were saying.Giddy hollers holding her heart.

“Seriously guys I can’t believe you were about to ditch!” 

“Well other than that mad man we met in that cave, I don’t understand why we even need to find this sword.” Garret inputs. 

“Guys you might want to consider lowering your voices.” Grace squeaks.

“I’ll explain why this sword is needed later, but for now we just need to find the sword!"