May the quest begin!

A rag is impatiently snatched from around my mouth, rudely awaking me. After we had all been tied up we were thrown into a dingy wagon with no covering. To keep us hidden they piled all sorts of nonsense on top of us. There was no point in struggling so I  had decided to just sleep through the ride. But now it looks like we're in a different area. The room we're currently inhabiting looks like a carved out cave. There are torches hanging on the wall that lead to stairs, which in turn lead to an unseen part of the cavern. My hands and feet are still bound but I'm able to move my jaw. To my left are Garrett, James, and Paul, all strewn out around the area groggily waking up from their naps on the wagon. 

“Tell me what you know about this,” an ominous voice demands. The owner of the voice is holding a paper that describes the sword of Balthazar. Shoving the paper in front of Garrett’s face he angrily repeats the question..

“Tell me.” He snarls. Garrett looks utterly lost, squinting at the print he shrugs as if the gesture will get rid of the conspicuous threat in front of him. 

“Can’t read.” 

 The man moves down the line asking the same question, getting no information, that is till he gets to me. 

“I know you have heard of this sword.” He states fed up from his lack of information.

 I don’t say a thing.

 “ahhh so the princess isn’t going to talk.” He growls grabbing my chin and violently jerking it up to him.

“I no not what you speak of.” 

“She lies.” And with that he slaps my face, sending my head crashing to the ground. I lift it up slowly in an attempt to show that the assault didn’t hurt me.

“Tell me about the sword princess before I get fed up and decide to kill you all.”

I honestly don’t believe him, so I don’t utter a word. 

“Tell me or the boy gets it.” He dictates grabbing Garrett by his hair and placing a sharp blade below his neck. Eyeing the sword for a few minutes I shift my gaze to the man wielding the weapon. He doesn’t look like a thug. And he most definitely isn't built like one either. He must be extremely clever to be ruling this pack of scoundrels.

I raise my eyebrow in defiance, as if asking him to go on with the act of violence. Both him and Garrett’s face display shock at my lack of caring.

In fit of rampage he throws Garrett down on to the floor and stampedes over to where I stand yanking me up by my hair. My scalp is screaming from the torture but I don’t so much as squeal in pain. Taking the knife he places it a little to close to my neck for comfort.

 “Tell me or I will. Kill. You.”

“Alright Mr. Man I’ll spill the beans, just settle down for a second, okay? ” I say giving in.

“The sword chooses who rules this land.When it feels there’s a need for it to pick a new ruler, it will decide who it sees fit for the job. But in all honesty I highly doubt it would choose you.” I say. 

“The sword isn’t meant for me.” He snaps crossly.

“Well who ever it’s meant for I’m positive it won’t choose them.”

“Whatever girl, where’s the map you carried here with you?” he spits changing the subject.

“Hah! Considering I was kidnapped it's no longer in my possession!”

“We’ll just send people to retrieve it. Now sleep hostages, you have a long day tomorrow in helping us retrieve this sword! Sweet dreams.” He creepily dismisses us extinguishing all the flames from the torches, leaving us in complete darkness.