Chapter 24

AUTHOR'S NOTE!! 

Hey everyone! :)

So yeah. Was anyone expecting that? Honestly? I don't want my works to be toooo predictable. I know I got some comments that people thought Mark would cheat on Savannah....but did anyone forsee this happening?

I know I was supposed to be uploaded "I'm saying I do...but not for Love", but I couldn't just leave Savannah sitting on the stairs crying for too long! That wouldn't be fair! :/

Ya'll, I'm super sorry if there's any typos or anything in this chapter that I don't notice. I'm really tired, and I'm also watching "Awkward" (seriously hilarious!) while I write. But I really wanted to post this next chapter so I got busy working on it!

So anyways. I know you don't care about this author's note....that is, if you're actually still reading. (If you are, can I get a yee-haw in the comment box? :P) On to chapter 24...

~Dani :)

PS-This is dedicated to my newest fan, wolfrunner18, who is especially awesome because it's my 60th fan! :)

Savannah's POV

I don't know how long I sat on the stairs crying. I felt numb. After who knows how long, I picked myself up off the staircase and trudged up to my room.

I slid my clothes off of my bed and crawled up under the covers. I knew that I should probably be doing laundry and unpacking, but I had lost all motivation. I didn't care about anything right then. The only things I knew at that moment were hurt, and intense anger at Clay for causing this.

I thought about the hurt, shock, sadness, anger, and disappointment I had seen etched on Mark's handsome face. Part of me was angry that he hadn't given me a chance to explain what was happening, but I felt more hurt than anything. My eyes welled up with tears as I once again realized that I no longer had Mark. I cried myself to sleep, even though I had only been awake for a few hours.

*****

Mark's POV

I honestly could not believe what I had seen that day. I had driven down from my parents to surprise Savannah and take her to Kaylen's a day early. But instead of finding my beautiful girlfriend--wait, ex-girlfriend--happy and surprised to see me. Well, she definitely was surprised...just not happy.

Pain ripped through me as the vision of her kissing that other guy, whoever he was, flashed in front of my eyes. I, Mark Anson Collins, had never been hurt like this. I mean, yeah, I'd had my feelings hurt in the past, but that was nothing compared to the way I was feeling right then. Nowhere near it. For the first time in my whole nineteen years of existence, I had a broken heart. Yeah, I know that sounds corny, but it's true.

When I had been re-introduced to Savannah four and a half months before, I had liked her. She had grown out of her awkward kid stage that I had remembered. Savannah was gorgeous now. Actually, she probably had been pretty before, but I had been too much of a jerk to notice.

Tears pricked my eyes, again. This was new too--I never cried. But I had wanted to ever since I backed out of Savannah's driveway. It was killing me. I hit the steering wheel with my fist. "Ugh," I yelled to myself as I was driving. "I don't understand!"

Have you ever heard the term "head over heels"? That is the best way I can think of the describe the way I felt about Savannah. I would do anything for that girl. Anything. If she wanted me to buy her flowers, I would have done it. If she had wanted me to take her all the way across the country to California, I would have bought a map and taken her there. Heck, if she had asked for a piece of the moon, I would have done whatever it took to get her that piece. I loved her more than anything. Anything.