Chapter 23

So this week has been tiring. My best friend spent the night with me Tuesday night, and we only slept two hours. :O Crazy, right? I know. (She's leaving for college in two weeks so we're making the most of the time we have right now! Haha.) ....I can't seem to catch up on sleep from that! I was so tired yesterday that I fell asleep in the waiting room at the doctor's office--sitting straight up! Even more crazy, huh? Anyways. I'm glad everyone is still reading this! Oh, do you see that little orange spot to the left of the story? The one that says "Vote"? You should press that! :) And there's these little boxes at the bottom....you should comment on the story! I want your feedback! :) ...........Enjoy reading!! :)

~Dani :) 

Savannah's POV

Oh lord, he loves me too. He loves me too! HE LOVES ME TOO! Okay, we understand. He loves you too. Got it. Oh my word! He loves me!! Yayyyy!!

"It's beautiful," I breathed.

"Do you really like it?" For the first time since we'd been re-introduced, Mark seemed shy. It was totally understandable, though.

"I love it," I said. "And, I, I.....Iloveyoutoo." My last four words ran together and came out softly.

"You do? Really?" Mark responded.

 Instead of speaking, I reached over and kissed him. "Definitely," I said.

A smile lit up Mark's handsome face. His blue eyes sparkled with happiness. "I really do love you," he said. 

"I love you too," I repeated.

*****

We got to Mark's parents' home, and were surprised to see Kaylen and her family there, too. We said all of our 'hellos' to everyone, and Kaylen grabbed my arm. She dragged me into the kitchen, which was empty at the time. "What happened?" she asked. 

Apparently Mark and I couldn't hide our happiness. I pulled the necklace around so that she could see the charm on it. She let out a squeal. "Oh my word!!!" she screeched. "Yay!"

"Shhh," I said. I wasn't sure how much Mark's parents knew, and I figured that it would be better coming from Mark than from Kaylen's screeching.

She lowered her voice to a whisper. "Oh my gosh! He said it! Finally! I've been waiting. He's loved you from the beginning, he's just been waiting for you to be okay with it. He just wanted to make sure it wouldn't scare you off!"

"You knew?" I said, equally soft.

"Of course!" she replied. "Why wouldn't I? I mean, it's my best friend, and my closest cousin!"

A wave of happiness washed over me. He really did love me! Enough to tell my best friend. If my suspicions were accurate, he was checking with her on everything he did for me. 

Wait, he's checking with her on EVERYTHING? So everything goes through Kaylen? Does she come up with all these dates and gifts that he gives me or does for me? Holy crap!! Don't jump to conclusions, Savannah. But..but... Ask questions. Don't give yourself answers.

"Um, Kaylen," I was about to ask her about my idea, but I was cut off when a pair of arms wrapped around me from behind.

"Hey beautiful," Mark said. My discomfort left as quickly as it had appeared and I leaned into his embrace.

I smiled and tilted my head back so that I could see him. My bangs fell over my eyes, and I flipped them back out of my face. "Hi," I said.

"That necklace looks great on you," he said, pride seeping through his tone.