Epilogue

*EPILOGUE*

The day Mark and I had made up had been a new beginning for us. We had spent the whole evening talking things over. He had apologized for jumping to conclusions and I had forgiven him immediately. We caught up on everything we had missed out on in each other's life over those few months we had been apart.

From that day forward, Mark and I were inseperable. He drove down to see me every single weekend and on any break he had. We spent every spare moment together. Mark even made an effort to spend time with my dad. That year, I got to know my dad in a way I never had before. Mom and Dad both put a lot more focus and energy into being real parents to me, and the three of us became closer than ever.

The summer between my junior and senior years, I lived with Kaylen's family, and Mark got a temporary apartment a few miles from there. He worked as a lifeguard on the weeks he didn't have any baseball stuff going on. 

When I graduated from high school that next year, I applied to and was accepted at the same college Mark attended. I began my freshman year there as a Early Childhood Education major, while Mark was entering his junior year, majoring in Engineering.

That was six years ago. Today, Mark and I are an "old" married couple. Mark proposed right after he graduated, and we had the wedding eight and a half months later--a Valentines' Day wedding.

We now live a few miles away from my parents, who are the proud grandparents of Mark's and my two children. Hannah, our first child, is three years old and she gets into everything! She keeps us very busy. Two years after Hannah's birth, we had a little boy that we named Seth. He is six months old and Hannah is a proud big sister.

I taught school for one year, in a first grade classroom. I loved it, but when Mark and I decided to start a family of our own, I had gone with the stay-at-home-mom occupation...and I loved that even more than teaching school! Mark's income was plenty to take care of us, and we were happy.

Mark's parents come to visit every few weeks, as well as Aunt Kaylen and Uncle Casey. (Yes, Kaylen had gotten back together with the guy she had been dating when Mark and I first started dating!) They've been married for three years, and they have a one year old little girl named Jessica, who Hannah absolutely adores.

Altogether, it looks like I got the happily-ever-after I've always dreamed of. And whoever says that there is no such thing--well, they're wrong. Fairy tales do happen in real life. Just keep your eyes open to see them!