Chapter 22

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't uploaded in weeks! Week before last, I was on a mission trip, which was awesome, by the way. I really miss some of the people I met there...I miss them a LOT actually.

Then, this past week, I had my state piano competition. I placed first, so I was really excited! :) I wish I could have found time to upload, but I have been so busy!! Thanks for ya'll's continued support (votes, comments, etc) even though it's been awhile!! I appreciate everyone's support VERY much! :)

I'll be starting back school in two weeks, so once that happens, my uploads may get somewhat sporadic. I will do my best to upload every week, but I honestly can not make any promises. :( 

So anyways. Enough of my ramblings. Let's get on to Chapter 22 of It's not that easy! :)

Savannah's POV

I had been so disappointed when Mark had called and said he was sick. I had been looking forward to spending the day with him, as always. So I decided to go play nurse for the day, and visit him at his apartment. I hadn't done something like this before, so I was hoping he would be happy about it.

I wasn't exactly sure when Mark's appartment was on campus, so I called Kaylen for directions. "Hey Savannah!" she chirped into the phone.

"Hi, best bud," I replied. "How's it going?"

"Good! I'm getting ready for Casey to pick me up and take me to his parents for the day. And you? What are you up to?" she said.

I could envision Kaylen leaning into the mirror, twirling on her mascara while holding the phone between her ear and shoulder. "Not a whole lot," I said. "I actually need a favor."

"What's up?" Kaylen said.

"So Mark was supposed to come over today but he's sick. I was gonna drive up to see him, but I have a serious problem," I said.

"And what is--crap! I just poked myself in the eye--that serious problem?" she said.

I laughed over her interjection about her makeup mistake. "I don't know how to get there!" I whined.

This time it was Kaylen that was laughing. "Okay, so once you get on campus, you've gotta take Rohland Road. It's gonna be the first road to the left. Follow it all the way to the end. It's going to be a dead-end, and you'll need to turn right. He's in apartment building C, and he's in, um, 512."

"Awesome! What would I do without you, pal?" I said gratefully.

"Oh you'd die a slow and horrible death," she replied, in typical Kaylen fashion. "But anyways. I'm kind of in a hurry, so text me if you have a problem, okay? And hey, you should come up for New Year's. Think about it. We'd love to have you!"

"Thanks!" I said. I backed out of my driveway and headed towards the interstate to start my trip. "I'd love to. I'll have to check with Mark and all, ya know, but I think I can come."

"Sweet. Well have fun. Text me who it goes!" she said. "Bye girl."

"Bye!"

*****

 A few hours later, I was carefully following Kaylen's directions to Mark's apartment complex. When I turned to Building C, I was surprised. I wasn't sure exactly what I had expected--but not this. My boyfriend lived in a very upscale apartment building. It was red brick, and apparently the only way to enter any apartments was to go through the glass doors and get permission from a doorman I could see behing a desk as I walked up. 

"Good morning, miss," the nicely dressed doorman said when I entered the building.

"Hi, I'm here to see Mark Collins," I said.