Chapter 13

Mark's POV

I really liked Savannah. I had been honest with her when I told her I was new at this working-for-a-girl-thing. I'd never had issues with girls before. But then again, I was a player. I didn't fall for girls. They never meant anything to me. I mean, I knew I was a total jerk, but you know what they say: once a player, always a player. I couldn't lose my reputation. Well...that's what I was saying before I re-met Savannah.

A week had gone by since I kissed her that day she left Kaylen's house. We hadn't talked since that day that I texted her on the way home, except for one time when I had texted her and said "thinking of u beautiful". All I had gotten back was a smiley face.

Okay did she really not like me, or was she playing hard to get or what was going on? I didn't have a clue what she was thinking. I thought she liked me, but then again, I didn't know for sure.

GIrls. So confusing. And they say WE'RE hard to understand. (The male species, that is.)

I really missed her. I decided to text her. I hadn't wanted to seem like some creepy stalker and been texting her all weekend. Wanna know a secret? I was kind of hoping she would text me, but that hadn't happened.

I was sitting on a bench outside of the gym where I had just finished working out. A few guys from the baseball team were with me. 

"Dude what's your issue? I've asked you the same question like three times and you're blowing me off." That comment came from my friend Zack. He playfully punched me in the shoulder. "Some girl on your mind bro, or what?" He said that, totally joking, because I had never been seriouslu distracted by a girl.

"You have no idea," I muttered. I quickly grabbed my phone from the pocket of my gym shorts and pulled up Savannah's contact details. Zack, and Jared, the other guy with us, looked over my shoulder, seeing if they knew the girl.

"Who's Savannah?" Zack asked.

I texted "hey beautiful" and sent it to her.

"Yeah, who is she? I don't think I've met a chick named Savannah here yet," Jared commented.

I laughed. "Dude, that's 'cause she doesn't go here. And if she did, I sure as heck wouldn't let you two around her. She's mine."

"Selfish, man," Jared complained. "Who is she?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you," I said. I stood up. "Let's go." The other two tagged along, following me to my truck. I threw my bag in the backseat next to Jared, and Zack got in the front with me. I cranked up my black Chevy Silverado, and started driving to our dorm.

"So tell us about her," Zack said. Jared echoed what he said?

"Ya'll sound like a bunch of chicks, whining about some secret boyfriend or something," I grumbled. I was trying to decide whether or not to tell them. Zack and I had gone to high school together, and both been offered baseball scholarships here at the college. Jared had been an out-of-state transfer that we had met this summer during practice and we all had started hanging out together alot. They were my two best friends, I guess.

"Shut up," Jared said. "We're not girly. We just wanna know what's got your panties in such a wad since you got back from fall break."

I sighed and parked in my space in front of the dorms. I cut the truck off. "Her name's Savannah. She's my cousin's best friend. She beautiful. And I actually like her."

"How old is she?" Zack asked. I was surprised he asked....he wasn't usually a very practical person. But he seemed worried. I guess because I was never serious about girls. Who knows?