Chapter 34.

*****

I sat at the kitchen island as I ate some cereal while staring at the bracelet on my wrist. Yesterday had actually been incredibly fun.

Once everyone got used to Damien and his friends, they had acted like they knew them for a while already. The only thing that kept me on edge was the car I had seen earlier when I shut the door. Had I seen it or was I creating situations I would fear in my mind? I had asked the guys if they had seen a grey car when they were outside, they all said no. So it was just in my head?

"Hannah -" I jumped as Lyle walked in, he gave a chuckle as he put his hand on my shoulder, "Calm down, it's just me." He said.

"I-I know, I just - I thought I was the only one up," I said.

He tilted his head at me as he grabbed a bowl from the cupboard and put it on the table before he sat down beside me.

"Hannah, trust me. You have nothing to be afraid of." He said.

I looked at him; he had a small, nervous smile on his face. I put my spoon down slowly.

"What did you do?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him.

He gave a chuckle before he sighed. "Uh... I... Gerald's going to jail... as is... that woman." He spat the last word disgusted.

"You called the police?" I looked at him shocked as I spoke.

"Yes, and before you -" he began.

"I told you not to!" I cut him off as I got up, "I told you over and over again -" I was saying.

"They were wrong! What they did to you, they deserve to pay for that! We can't just let it go -" he tried.

"It was my choice! Mine!" I said, "You don't -" I let out a breath as I ran my hands into my hair.

"Why are you freaking out? They can't hurt you." He began.

"It's not that! I asked you - Lyle -" I shook my head and began to walk to the front door but I stopped as he grabbed my shoulders.

"Look, Hannah... Nothing can be done to them unless you speak to the police. If you choose not to, they will be let go..." He said. "But I really think they deserve what they would get if you spoke out." If I went out, I could run into one of their friends. I hadn't imagined it. That's why he had been there! If he was angry, so were they... They definitely were. I lifted my hand to bite the back of my thumb so I could clear my mind as worry filled it. "Hannah, don't go out," Lyle said.

"I'm not going anywhere," I said turning and heading to my room.

I shut the door and paced back and forth feeling my heart pound in my chest.

Maybe just tell him the truth?