Chapter 3.

Okay, so if you're looking for a warning, here it is. I'll mark the part where there is self-harm so you can skip it if you want :)

*****

*

"What is this? Why did you do this, Hannah?"

"It hurts..." I whispered.

"What hurts? Your arm? Of course it does, you hurt yourself. Why would you do that, honey?" My grandfather had always been the person I was close to. I never knew my grandmother, she had died before I was born.

"No, my arm's fine," I mumbled glancing down at the little cuts that decorated my wrist.

"Sweetheart, talk to Grandpa. Why would you cut your arm?" I looked up at him.

"I-I..." I drifted, he nodded, his worried eyes encouraging me to keep speaking, "I -" I began but the door slammed open.

"We're back! You can leave now, Dad!" My eyes widened and I pulled my arm from my Grandad's grip as I covered it with my sleeve. I heard my parents make their way to the guest room, where my grandad usually spent his nights over. "Dad?" My father looked at his father.

"What did you do to her?" I cringed back as my father glared at me after Grandpa spoke.

"Hannah, Go to your room." My father said. I didn't hesitate, I just scrambled to my feet from my spot on the carpet but my grandfather grabbed my arm gently holding me back. "Goodbye, Dad." My father frowned signalling that it was time for his father to leave after watching me for the day.

"No, your daughter cut her self! She's eleven! Why would she do that?! What is going on?" I looked down.

"Why would she do that? She's fucking stupid, that's why." Dad glared at me. I shrunk back.

"Don't talk about her like that -"

"She's my daughter, I will speak of however I like. Didn't I tell you to go to your room, Hannah? Are you deaf?" Dad said.

I got up pulling my blanket with me which caused the lamp beside the couch to tip over and smash onto the floor.

"Fuck! You don't do anything right, do you? I would tell you to clean it up but you're too God damn useless to do that as well!" I bit my lip feeling tears in my eyes.

"I-I'm sorry," I said.

"It's okay, Hannah. It was a mistake." Grandpa said to me.

"Yes, a mistake." Dad snickered looking at me disgusted.

"Dev -" Grandpa began.

"Get out!" Dad snapped.

"Let me have Hannah." I looked up happily but it quickly disappeared when my father laughed.

"You're not taking her, now leave or this will be the last time you see her," Dad said before he glared at me again.

I scrambled from the room before he could yell at me again and ran to my room before I shut the door and went to the window. I looked out to see my grandfather walk outside, glance at my window and then leave.

I felt panic rise into my throat because I knew my parents were pissed at me and he wasn't there to help anymore.

*

A few days after that, my parents and grandfather had a fall out when he asked why I had bruises on my face, my dad said he wasn't going to see me again. A week later we moved and I had not seen my grandfather since. They never told him where we were going, just left.

"Look, Hannah!" I looked up and smiled at Kendall as she held out her hands.

"Oh, it's a ladybug," I said.