Chapter 25.

*****

"Hannah, someone's here to see you. Should I tell him to go away? You're obviously busy, I'll tell him to go away." I looked up as Lyle opened the guest room door... My door?

I was on the bed trying not to die. I was surrounded by tissues and Natalie's bowl of soup and other foods she was trying to force into me while repeatedly telling myself that I should learn to stay out of the rain as I coughed.

"No, you won't!" I laughed as Natalie smacked his shoulder. "Someone's here for you." She grinned at me.

Probably Keith, Kristy or Jack. They all seemed pretty concerned. I had called Trey earlier and told him about how the doctor said to 'get rest'. He said it was alright. Basically, Lyle forced me to quit my job at the club. I wasn't too angry about it, at least he let me keep the diner. He insisted on enforcing Dr King's advice.

I got off my bed with a tired sigh and sluggishly walked out of the door, I made my way through the hall and into the open-planned living room but I froze as I spotted Damien standing at the door. He noticed my movement from across the room anyway and smiled.

"Damien... You want your jacket? I -" I was still wearing it, except the hood was pushed back because my face was perfectly covered again, though I still looked like crap because my hair was a mess and my nose was red.

"No. No." He cut me off, "I came to check up on you. You can... You can keep the jacket, it looks good on you." He said.

Oh... I looked down avoiding his eyes as I stuck my sleeve-covered hands into the jacket's pockets.

"How original." I heard Lyle sneer. I turned to see him leaning over the kitchen counter frowning at Damien. Natalie smacked his arm again, "What -? Why?" He whined.

"We'll be in our room." She didn't reply to him as she grabbed his arm and dragged him into the hall. Damien gave a chuckle and I smiled at them.

When we were alone, I nervously walked over to the couch and sat down, Damien followed my lead sitting beside me despite there being other couches and I pulled my sock-covered feet onto the couch hugging my knees as I tried, unsuccessfully, not to cough.

"Are you okay?" He looked at me. I nodded wondering why he cared. He gave a chuckle before he put a piece of cardboard on my knees.

I stopped hugging my legs as I took it as I dropped my legs off the couch because my knee was killing me. The final puzzle piece... It was bigger than the others as I thought it would be and it was the middle piece.

"Who gave this to you?" I asked him.

"No one..." I looked at him and our eyes met, usually that would have made me look away but I was curious, "I made it." He added.

"Y-you?" I stuttered shocked, "Why?" I asked.

"Build the puzzle, you'll get your answer." Was his reply.