Chapter 56

Aliyah P.O.V.

I sat down on the edge of my bed, slipping on my flats. I looked down at my watch, checking the time, suprised at how fast I got ready this morning.

I stood up and grabbed my bag off the floor, when I heard my door open behind me.

"The bus should be here in 20 minu-" I turned around once I heard mama's voice.

"Goodmorning." I said, pulling my hair into a ponytail.

"....Goodmorning....I see your ready early." I nodded. "Yeah, I set my alarm for a earlier time, so I would have more time to get ready and eat in the morning."

She nodded her head as if she was impressed. "Oh....Okay, well have a good day at school then."

I nodded. "Okay."

She took one more look at me before stepping out of my room, closing the door behind herself.

It was obvious that I wasn't getting off this punishment thing anytime soon, and honestly it wasn't even as bad as I had been thinking it was this whole time.

Even though I missed all my nice things, and I hated going to school looking basic, and working at McDonalds, I was finding myself not be as mad as I was before and just going with the flow.

I still hated everything about this punishment, but really being by myself these days was showing me alot.

****

"Last names A-H please stand in line one." I took a deep breath and moved over to line one. With all that had been going on lately, I had completely forgot that today was registration day for SAT/ACT.

Ms.Loius had been announcing it for a few weeks, but I was co caught up with Cordarius, I didn't even remember this day at all.

"Last names I-P in line 2 and Q-Z in line 3." I took a deep breath, looking around the cafeteria at all the kids that were in here, getting in line.

I folded my arms across my chest once I seen Amara and Marissa coming inside the cafeteria together. I slightly rolled my eyes and turned back around.

It had been weeks since we all had spoken to one another, and I was actaully suprised it had lasted this long. Usually when we fight, we make up a few days after and act like it never happened, but this time it was different.

I knew my friendship with Amara was basically over, but not with Marissa. Besides the fact that she's dating my brother, our relationship was always good with one another, so it was kinda shocking that we really hadn't spoken in so long.

I stepped up a little in the line once I had seen it moving up. I glanced over at the line beside me and seen Marcus and Will talking to one another.

I didn't know why Will wasn't in my line, since he last name started with a B, but I didn't even care about that. This was my oppurtunity to confront him about this whole Meeka situation.

I stepped out of line and manueverd my way through the next line of kids, and stepped around Will so he could see me.

"Hey." I said, folding my arms across my chest. The smile that was on his face from whatever conversation he was having with Will, slowly faded.

"Hey." He dropped his hands in his pockets, waiting for me to say something.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" He slightly nodded. "Wassup?"

"In private?" He frowned a little. "We can talk about whatever you want right here, Im not losing my place in line."

I rolled my eyes a little, already over his attitude. "Okay fine." I started. "Can you explain to me, why you were trying to get Meeka a job at my mom's place??"