Chapter 23

Amara P.O.V.

I dropped my bookbag at the front door and pulled my Nike's off my feet, as Alicia walked in behind me. "You hungry?" I shook my head as I walked over to the couch, taking my usual seat. "No, Im a little thirsty though."

I leaned back into the couch, trying to get as comfortable as possible. I watched Alicia walk into the kitchen as I grabbed the TV remote off the small corner table beside me. I flipped through the channels, looking for something to watch.

"Do you want soda or water?" "Water's fine."

She walked back over to me with two water bottles in her hand. She handed me one before plopping down beside me.

I took a sip from my bottle and cleared my throat, trying to ingore how awkward this was. Less than 48 hours ago, I was here with Mike asleep in their bed, now here I am again, on the same couch were we watched movies.

".....How was your trip??" I asked, trying to break the awkward silence I was feeling. "...It was good."

"..How's Auntee Katherine?" She nodded. "She's fine.." I slightly frowned, wondering why she was being so vague with her answers. She had called me today in school, asking me if I could come over a little so we could talk- Im not sure about what, but I didn't put to much thought into it.

She took a deep breath and sat her water bottle down on the table. "Listen." She started. "I know your probably wondering why I called you while you were in school, since I never do that....but I really need someone to talk too." I slightly frowned once I heard the seriousness in her voice.

"...Is everything okay? Are you alright?" She took another deep breath, as if she was trying to fight back some tears. "Yeah, Im alright, this isn't about me....it's about Mike."

My frown deepend. "Mike? What about him??" She paused before continuing.

"Look, your the only one that I can trust right now with this information okay? I don't wanna go talk to my mom about it because all shes gunna say is that she was right from the beginning and I should have listened to her."

I lifted a brow. "Right about what??"

"....I think Mike is cheating on me."

My whole body slightly froze, but I knew better than to lose my cool in a moment like this. "Why do you think that?? Did you find something suspicious?" She shook her head.

"Not me, but my best friend did....you remember Margo right?" I slowly nodded.

"Yeah I think so...the one with the tattoo and the big butt." "Yeah, her." I folded my arms across my chest, wondering where this was going.

"Margo lives about ten minutes away from here, so she's always driving through our neighboorhood to get to her house." I nodded, motioning for her to continue.

"..So Saturday night I got a call from her, saying she was coming home from work and she seen a car parked in out driveway." I paused for a second.

"....Did she say what kind of car it was?" She sighed, fighting back th tears that were forming.

"Yeah, she said it was a Navy Blue Rolls Royce." I nodded my head, trying to keep my cool, knowing the car she saw was Miranda's.

"And she told me the car didn't leave until sometime Sunday morning, because when she was on her way to work, she said the car was gone." I swalloed hard.

"Damn....that's alla she knows?"

"Yeah, she gave me the liscense plate number, just in case I see a blue rolls royce around this area, I can roll up on the bitch and give her a piece of my mind." She pulled out a small piece of paper from her pocket and unfolded it. I took the paper from her and read Miranda's liscence plate. JR271LQR