Chapter 76

Chapter 76

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Baby wake up." I faintly hear someone saying. I can feel someone stroking my hair as I slowly regain consciousness. I smile at whoever is standing in front of me, my eyes still closed, wanting to savor this moment for all it had. "Open your eyes," I peek open one only to look into another pair, the pair that could only belong to my boyfried. I giggle and his smile breaks through his lips, before he leans in and connects them with mine.

My mind is now clear of the hazy fog that clouded it just moments before.

"Where were you yesterday? Mike said that you were in a plane, but he didn't tell me where you were." He lifts his head away from mine, looks towards the back lounge and mutters under his breath.

"I was just taking care of some things, nothing that you need to worry about, alright?" He wouldn't meet my gaze as he mumbled the words to me. I don't know what to think about his words. He tells me not to worry, but I know sometimes that's when I need to worry the most. I try not to think about why he won't tell me, and I know going down that road never leads to anything good, still I can't help but wander, wanting to see where the path leads.

"Alright," is all I can say at the moment. He turns and I find myself scanning him up and down, not even knowing what I'm looking for. But the only thing that seems off is how happy he is. Not that him being happy bothers me, but I haven't seen him quite like this is a long time.

---

Your hands protect the flames
From the wild winds around you

Icarus is flying too close to the sun
And Icarus's life, it has only just begun
It's just begun

I sing along to the familiar song as it flows smoothly from my speakers into the small kitchen. I dance along to the beat while making a grilled cheese sandwich. I go to the mini fridge and pull out a coke and cracked it open, the satisfying fizzing noise erupting from the tin can. The song flows into a slower part and another voice accompanies melodic sound.

You put up your defenses when you leave
You leave because you're certain
Of who you want to be

Luke stares into my eyes with a smile on my face, he caught me, but for once I don't feel embarrassed, for his warm smile gives no reason for me to feel shame. The lyrics that roll off of his tongue are starting to paint a picture, and by his changing face he recognizes it to.

You're putting up your armor when you leave
And you leave because you're certain
Of who you want to be, oh

The song seems to almost fade into nonexistence, his blue orbs staring into my own, the atmosphere has taken a complete 180, I can now hear my heartbeat in my ears.

"I wouldn't be me without you." I say, just above a whisper.

"I love you, ya know." A smile now glows from both of our faces.

"Aww aren't you guys just adorable!" We turn to see unnaturally colored hair with a boy attached. Without even looking I can see the death glare shoot out from Luke's eyes. Micheal seems unfazed by the visual assault, as he turns to me and motions at the counter which is just producing the tiniest bits of smoke.

"Can you make me one of those too? But maybe without the char."

---

"Do you want to tell me where you were now?" I ask Luke when we were cuddling and watching Up.

"Were what?" He replied, heavily blinking his eyes as if he just woke up. "Sorry, I, uh,"

"Fell asleep? It's okay, if your that tired, just go to bed, we'll talk about it tomorrow."

"No, no, I'm awake." He props his head up by his elbow, trying hard to be awake.

"Shh babe, it's okay. I love you, now go to sleep." I lightly push him back, to encourage him.

"Oh-okay," he lets out a huge yawn, drops his head back on the pillow, eyes falling until all he can see is darkness. "I love you too."

I admire the messy-haired boy in front of me. Who knows how long he was gone for? I never saw him when I came back from dad's. But he couldn't of been gone past the end of the show, which really varies by the night, and he could've gotten back anytime that I had been asleep this morning. So in short, I don't even have a definite time that he was gone. Which means he really could've gone anywhere. Did he drive? Fly, maybe? I shouldn't be this worried about where he went, but I just can't help but wonder what in the world he did that he would keep from me.

I'm trying to stay away from jumping to any conclusions, but my mind wants to go there.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

WARNING: NEXT CHAPTER IS LAST CHAPTER: WARNING: THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: NEXT CHAPTER IS LAST CHAPTER

(it may be really long but.....it's time to end this thing. Love you all, thanks for reading for about the millionth time:D)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!! (If you live in the US, of course) I hope you all have a wonderful holiday with no school!

xx
Noelle