Chapter 62

Chapter 62

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Nikki? Nics, is that you?"

I flinch slightly when i hear the all too familiar voice. I turn around and put a smile on my face.

"Oh hey Justin."

You may only ever hear about clingy and tempered ex-girlfriends, but this guy just couldn't and didnt want to let go.

"Where have you been? I haven't seen you in over a year."

And it's been wonderful.

"I moved to Australia."

Very very far away from you.

"Oh I didn't know that."

Yep... that was kinda very purposeful.

"Oh sorry, I thought I told you."

No I definitely did not.

"That's fine. Well now that you're here we can-"

No no no no no no

"Oh! I have to go Justin, I was supposed to meet someone like now!"

No I'm not.

"See ya around!"

Please God no.

I throw up my hand while I am walking away as acknowledgement.

--

"So I uh, ran into Justin today..." I say. Holly and I are curled up on her couch, watching re watching Supernatural since we have both watched all of the episodes already.

"You what?" She looked over to me after she froze the television.

"Yeah, when I was at the mall."

"He didn't try to-"

"Oh no he was just wondering where I went and then he started to say that we should hang out now that I'm back but I got out before he could."

"Good. We don't want a repeat of last time."

"Yeah." I say and she plays the tv, continuing the plot which I have pretty much memorized.

Justin is my ex boyfriend who didn't ever want me to leave him. And he tried to make stay. And not by giving me flowers or being nice, no he would never dream of doing that.

Instead, this person thought only of blackmail. I have never had to explain and make up excuses for that many bruises.

I'm not even sure why I got with him in the first place. Because he was nice and there was something a little off about him but i just brushed that aside. I told my self that it was just my nervousness of having my first boyfriend.

And ya see he treated me so well in the beginning. When we first started out it was like I was on cloud nine. And then things started to go down. I tried i really did, to make things better. I tried to change him. It didn't work. And by the time I realized this, it was too late. I was in too deep. He was able to control me.

And I tried to get out, I really did. I broke up with him again and again but he just kept on showing up. Around my parents he was the sweet, caring boy I once knew. So they never understood why I would ever want to quit this guy. So they pushed me to be with him.

But then we moved.

I was sad to be leaving. I would miss Holly, and others who I had grown close too. I would miss the town, it was the only one I had ever known.

But a small part was happy. I would be free.

I know people always say to 'never judge a book by its cover' or whatever, but now I knew that more than ever.

But don't get me wrong some people are nice inside and out and some are evil inside and out.

And others are more diverse. Those are the best kind of people. The ones where you can't just look at them to see what they are really like. You have to learn and explore them.

Unless they are a terrible person.

Then you just kinda wasted your time.

--

3 days until I leave for Australia and I still don't know what to do about everything there. I left it a mess and now I have to go back and pick it back up again while hoping not to break anything else.

I hear a knock on the door. Why is someone knocking on a door of a house that has been empty for a year and a half? Despite my questioning brain I slowly lift my self from the cocoon of warmth that is my bed.

The person knocks again, more firmly this time. I'm coming! Just give me a second, it's winter break I'm not usually up before 11. My hand is on the door nob almost unlocking the steel door when I hear.

"Nicola I know you're in there, now open the damn door!" I freeze in fear. There is no way I am opening it now. I turn the lock back all the way so he is bolted out and slowly back away from the door.

He pounds at the unresponsive door for a few more minutes before I hear him leave. But there is no roaring of a car engine, or wheels against pavement.

I go upstairs to a room where I can see the driveway out a window. Sure enough he is sitting there staring at my front door, making no move to leave. He is just there.

This continues for hours. Me several times on the verge of panic attacks that I haven't experienced in years.

Then I hear it.

A car.

I scramble to the window and sure enough he is leaving. But probably not for long.

I run to my room packing up everything and the few extra items I wanted to take back to Australia. I made sure everything was locked up tight before I got to my rental car and drove.

I soon arrived at Holly's house and prayed to God that Justin didn't remember where she lived. Because this would be the place he looked next, after he found my house yet again empty.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sorry this took so long I hope it was kinda a little bit worth it? I don't know

Thank you people so much for all your lovely comments and votes and things ily all ♡♡♡

xx
Noelle