Chapter 73

Chapter 73

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"So I hope you have a great birthday sweetie, and I'm sorry for waking you up so early." My dad spoke through the phone.

"It's fine dad, and I will. Love you."

"Love you too, bye." I looked over to the other hotel bed and see that Rachel is gone. I know that she and Calum were going to watch a movie so she probably just stayed over there.

When I actually get out of bed, I take a shower before heading down to get breakfast. They are all there by the time I arrive, talking amongst themselves. I get food an sit, a little tired, but excited about today.

"Hey," they all reciprocate some sort of greeting. "Are they okay?" I ask Rachel who is sitting beside me and the one who looks more wake then all of them combined.

"Yeah I just think they are a little tired. They should be awake in time for the show, I hope." She laughs a little glancing at the slumped shoulders and drooping eyes.

"They better be. Not everyone gets the chance to play Wembley Statium."

---

"Where are the boys?" I ask Rachel who is on her phone.

"I don't know doing musicy stuff."

"Sure 'musicy stuff'."

"What else would they be doing?" She replies boredly.

"Oh, nothing." Rachel gave me this weird look like I had three heads, but I ignored it. Maybe this is how they were going to do my birthday, pretend it a normal day and then surprise me. Well I knew better than that. Luke would never forget my birthday.

Soon the boys got back from their "musicy stuff" and I tried to hadn't towards something, but they had the same reaction as Rachel. I know they wouldn't forget about me.

---

Later on we had lunch. And by "lunch" I mean pizza was ordered, and TV is being watched. No one has given anything away, or slipped once, which is really incredible since they often ruin surprises with their knowing looks and frequent grins.

I'm still playing dumb and going along with it to make them happy. Because there's no way they could forget, right?

The bays all started to get up and Rachel asked where they were going.

"Sound check."

"Already? We just ate lunch. "

"Do you see what time it is?" Calum says and motions over to the clock. He's right. The late breakfast led to a late lunch so it's already time fore them to go.

"Do you guys want to come?" Luke asks. Sometimes and others we don't. But this must be it. This where they will surprise me I'm sure.

"Yeah, sure." I say.

"You really wanna go?" Rachel asks, another weird look on her face, "Okay, we'll go." and Wil a sigh she gets up and follows us all out of the room.

--

Sound check goes by in the normal, and today, boring way. Every second I expected something to happen, but, nothing did.

Did they really forget?
Maybe...

The 1D boys went on and did they're thing. It was funny but I wasn't laughing, all I could think about was if they all really forgot.

---

The show rolled around and the boys are having fun like they always do. I really am proud of them. Even if they forget my birthday. The set was over before I knew it and nothing happened.

Nothing. Not a word, not a happy birthday, nothing. I am still his girlfriend, right? Maybe I'm making too big of a deal out of it but they really forgot. The day is over and they forgot. Not even a passing happy birthday, that would've been better. Anything would've been better. And it's my 18th!

They all came off stage and Luke walked over to me with his arms open to give me a sweaty hug. And I just glared. He approached and I didn't even move. He was within reach so I push him away, hard.

"What's wrong?" He really didn't know, did he? By now I am pissed beyond measure.

"You should know Luke." I say, venom dripping from every syllable.

"Why should I know?!"

"Because it's my birthday! Ya know, the day I was born? And you all forgot! No one remembered." The yell that I started with quickly faded to a quiet whisper. A small smile wanted to break through his bewilderment, but he kept it in check, "What?"

"Luke, you're on!" A stage hand yelled. His smile broke through as he jogged over to the stage, adorning an acoustic guitar.

I watch him walk on just before my wrist is grabbed and I am being dragged away.

"Ow! Rachel! Where are you taking me? Let go!" She has one strong grip.

"No, you have to see this." She says smiling back at me.

What is going on?

I see him just as he starts speaking.

"So there's this girl. And she thinks that we forgot about her. But there's no way we could forget about someone so incredible. Happy Birthday Beautiful." He looks to me before putting the mic in the stand and placing his hands on the guitar.

Stay for tonight if you want to
I can show you what my dreams are made of
As I'm dreaming of your face.
I've been away for a long time, such a long time
And I miss you there
I can't imagine being anywhere else
I can't imagine being anywhere else but here

How the hell did you ever pick me?
Honestly, 'cause I could sing you a song
But I don't think words can express your beauty
It's singing to me
How the hell did we end up like this?
You bring out the beast in me
I fell in love from the moment we kissed
Since then we've been history
If you want to, I can show you

His previously wandering eyes landed on me and stayed as he continued.

They say that love is forever
Your forever is all that I need
Please stay as long as you need
Can't promise that things won't be broken
But I swear that I will never leave
Please stay forever with me

His voice glided through the words and it's one of the most amazing things I've heard.

The way that we are
It's the reason I stay
As long as you're here with me
I know we'll be OK

He starts to fade out, but I wish he would continue singing, forever.

It goes to show, I hope that you know that you are what my dreams are made of

Please stay, please stay as long as you need
They say that love is forever
Your forever is all that I need
They say that love is forever
Please stay forever with me

I didn't even know it was possible to have et hat much passion in one song.

So they didn't forget?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

School sucks.

Love you all u am so so so sorry

xx
Noelle