Chapter 55

Chapter 55

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Nikki's POV

The boys started to talk, Luke getting caught up on the things that have happened while he was out cold. I wasn't really listening though. I was to deep into my own thoughts to try and process the word that come out of their mouths.

I found myself zoned out on Luke, examining his features. Eyes like to ocean, his hair golden fluff, his smile seemingly reaching his ears, his face brighter than a child's on Christmas morning. He was happy. And that made me happy.

Yes this sounds stupidly cliché but when he was comatose, I felt like I was dying along with him.

I know that people say that there is more to life than boys and my world shouldn't revolve around one person. Those people just don't understand.

There is more to life? Well without him I feel like I'm not living.

My world shouldn't revolve around him? He is my world.

And this scares me.

It scares me that one person could ever mean so much. It scars me that I can't live without him. It scares me that he could break my heart with a few words.

But what scares me the most is that he might not feel the same.

I also feel happy though. Happy that he is alive. Happy that I can call him mine.

Happy that I have hope. Hope that one day things will be okay. Hope that all the psychopaths will leave us alone. Hope that I will stay hopeful.

"You coming Nik?" Calum asked. The boys were all on their feet and walking towards the door.

"Sorry, what?"

"You weren't listening were you?" He paused, "Pizza. We are going to get pizza."

"Oh yeah, of course." I get up and slip on my flip flops. I have lived here for over a year and I still can't get over the fact that they are called 'thongs' here. That just sounds so wrong.

It's warm enough to take my door-less, roof-less, pretty-much-just-the-rollcage jeep.

"So what kinda pizza are we getting?" I ask.

"Pepperoni." Ash answered for all of them.

"I actually don't like pepperoni." I mumbled ans they all turned to me, blank stares on their faces.

"We can't be friends." Michael concluded, "I will not associate myself with a pepperoni hater." He then turns of his heel and struts off, "You are dead to me!" He calls over his shoulder.

"Ignore him." Calum says, "How can you not like peperoni though?"

"I don't know. I just... don't." I squeak when I am picked up by two nearly paper white arms. I am then sat down in a chair with a slice of peperoni pizza in front of me. Michael sits himself down in the seat across from me, staring at my confused face.

"I am going to make you like peperoni pizza if it's the last thing I do." He pushed the plate a little closer and looks at me expectantly. "Eat it."

"Okay." I take a bite and try not to cringe. I feel a little self conscious because who doesn't when someone is watching (more like staring at) them eat.

I nod my head while trying not to spit the contents of my mouth all over the table. I still hate it. I'm pretty sure that will never change.

"It isn't actually that bad." I say while inspecting the pizza.

"Yay! She likes!" Michael cheers. The three other boys laugh. "Let's go order now!" The four of them approach the counter, and wait in line. I just stay sat there, desperately wanting to ignore the foul taste that has taken over my mouth by playing on my phone.

"I must say," a voice from behind me speaks. I turn around an am met by a fairly attractive guy looking down at me, "you are one impressive liar."

"Well I do pride myself in my ability to decieve people." I say and he laughs slightly has green eyes lighting up, he slides into where Michael was only a minute ago.

"Whats your name?"

"Nikki."

"Can I trust you on that?" It was my turn to crack a smile. I can hear his American accent and it's almost comforting.

"Yes you can. What's yours?" I say still smiling.

"Connor." The four boys have the pizza and they are going to fill up their drinks, Connor seems to have noticed too. "Hey, I gotta go now but if I could have your number we could hang out some other time?"

"Oh yeah of course!" We exchange numbers and he is gone by the time the others return.

"Who was that?" Luke asks in a flat tone, setting down my root beer and sitting next to me.

"Thank you and his name in Connor."

"What were you talking about?" He is glaring in the direction Connor had left.

"Nothing important. Will you please just calm down." I set my hand on his thigh, him seeming to relax a bit just by my touch. He lets out an exasperated sigh.

"Fine."

--

We went back to Luke's house and watched tv. Or more specifically, How I Met Your Mother.

Even though we just ate, the boys still brought out snacks. I will never understand how they can consume so much food.

"Hey guys," Ashton spoke, "we haven't had band practice in forever."

"Yeah you're right." Michael agreed, "Ya wanna have one? Like now."

"What about y'all's instruments?" I ask

"We just keep 'em here."

"Can we finish this episode first?" Luke asks.

"Nope." Ashton says already picking up the food to return it to the kitchen. Luke groans and turns of the television.

"Should I leave or...?" I ask no one in particular.

"No you can stay if you want." Cal answers. I follow then down to the basement and into another room full of the boys' instruments. I sat down against the wall as the boys got situated.

"Ya wanna start with Try Hard?" Ash asked and the others nodded their heads in agreement. "One, two, three, four!"

Ash, Mike and Calum started to play their parts but Luke just stood there staring at the object in his hands like it was some foreign thing he had never seen before. Soon they stopped because, Luke had never started.

"Dude, what's wrong?" Michael asks. Luke opens his mouth for a second before answering with a confused expression.

"I... I-I don't know how to play guitar."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Oh no

This is longerrrr. Yay.

@nataliastar1 "is there more please be more" . For all you who were wondering, yes, there is so much more. Any of you that want this to end soon should just leave now (But please don't). Really though, we still have a bit to go and I just hope you lovely people enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing it! ♥.♥

Another quick thing is that y'all are the fuckin bomb. Like I got 50k reads in 6 chapters. Da fuck, that's incredible! (≧▽≦)

xx
Noelle