Chapter Fifty-Eight

Chapter Fifty-Eight 

Niall’s POV

I fumbled for the sheet, my fingers finally gripping the edge and slipping it over us as she lay against my chest with her face pressed to my neck, her thighs still around my hips as she came down from her high.

“You okay, baby?” I smiled, wrapping my arms around her, her heat radiating through the sateen fabric.

“Mmmhmm.” She hummed. “You?”

“Good.” I mumbled, pushing the hair from her forehead and tucking it behind her ear, leaving a few tiny kisses at her temple as she moved beneath the sheet, quickly settling in beside me. Her eyelashes grazed my cheek as I laced my fingers through her hand and laid it atop my chest. “In love.” Is what I wanted to say, but knew I couldn’t manage it without sounding terribly cheesy.

Besides, some things didn’t need to be said.

Sometimes after we made love, she’d hop out of the bed (or wherever we may be) like she’d just had four shots of espresso. Other times, like right now, she’d lay in a limbo of sleepiness, fading in an out before eventually succumbing and passing out cold. Post-sex-sleepy-Roxy was my favorite. She would mumble under her breath in full sentences that I had long since stopped trying to understand. The muscles in her back would twitch, especially if I were to skim my fingertip along the skin there. And she would keep trying to get her body pressed closer to mine, even when there was no space left between us to speak of, the corners of her mouth turning upward ever so slightly as I dusted her with kisses.

“So thirsty.” She whispered clearly, attempting to press upward on her elbows, but quickly slumping back down to the pillows beneath her.

“I bet.” I said back softly, smiling at the very recent memory of looking up at her face as I filled her to the hilt, her back arched, breathy curses leaving her lips every time I hit the spot.

“Where’re you going?” she said, eyelids fluttering as I carefully took back possession of my arm and slipped from beneath the sheet.

“To get you some water.” I said. “Just be a sec. Don’t fall asleep!”  I padded through the corridor and down the stairs, surveying the remains of our housewarming party mess before returning the scene of the crime and scooping my favorite pair of joggers from the kitchen floor,in a heap where Roxy had left them. I slipped them up over my nudity, collected the other clothing items and tucked them under my arm as I retrieved a glass from the cabinet and pressed it against the lever on the door of our massive refrigerator. The cool liquid reached the rim, and I brought it to my lips and downed the whole glass in four glugs, unaware at how parched I was until I began to drink.

“Rox.” I whispered. She didn’t stir, her breathing already falling into a shallow and steady pace, her lips parted only slightly. I placed the glass on the table beside her and turned the switch on the lamp. The sheet clung to her naked curves, and I took a final opportunity to enjoy them before pulling the duvet around her, dotting her lips with a chaste kiss and closing the door behind me as I went to finish the cleaning she had started a couple hours ago.

Roxy’s POV

The steam filled my lungs as I took a few deep breaths, the water running over my skin as I washed away the sweat and the sleep. I didn’t linger in bed this morning, the excitement and nervousness about what I had planned preventing a proper lay-in. I needed to pick up Ryan, spend my life savings, and then get to the other side of town for my lunch date. The door clicked open as I glided the washcloth over my stomach.