Delta/ Reader Protective

Delta. Quiet, protective, and unpredictable. Delta never really spoke to you much. Hell, he never spoke to anyone. The most you'd get out of him were slight nods and sometimes grunts when he fell or when he got hurt. You'd never seen his face. But, that never bothered you. He was your friend and he'd grown on you no matter how quiet he was. You also found it cute how protective he was over the little sisters and well of you too. Of course you could fight on you own. Pretty damn good at it too. However, Delta didn't want you getting hurt whatsoever. So when I'm battle he'd put you behind him and protected you regardless of how much it hurt him. And that's what did it for you. That's one of the main reason you feel for him. You would always say, "seeing face or not he's always sweet and kind to me." Now Delta on the other hand was always hard to read. Considering he didn't speak and you couldn't very well read his expressions for he made none that were visible.

***

     "Delta," you mumbled as you trudged forward, toward the hole in the wall. He turned around tilting his head to the side. "Can we take a rest soon? Cause I don't know about you but I'm really tired," of course you were tired who wasn't these days. And you knew what the answer would be him shaking his head or him just continuing on with the job. It bothered you sometimes but you knew he meant well. You guessed that the sooner you were finished with the job the sooner you could sleep peacefully. You awaited his answer not really expecting anything to happen. But, something did. He was swift in his movements as he picked you up. Yet, he was still gentle and careful not to hurt you. "Delta what are you doing?" You asked honestly confused at the sudden display. You heard a deep, light hearted chuckle come from his chest. It was soothing and something you'd never heard before. He started walking towards a small, secure building. It was much and and it was a bit of a wreck, but that didn't surprise you in the least. He carried you in slowly checking for any potential threats but as of now there were none. He walked further back and spotted a bed. He carefully laid you down as he didn't want to hurt you. "Delta why are you doing this," you asked still wanting an answer. He didn't say anything he just laid down beside you holding you close and gently stroking your hair. You feel asleep as you heard his steady heartbeat reverberate in your ears.