Safety Booker/ reader

The light drizzle interrupted your train of thought. It was a bright and sunny day and all of a sudden it was pouring down rain.

You liked the rain, but you were afraid for the sake of your husband Booker.

He was always out doing God knows what. He would never tell you exactly what he was up to, but always said it was 'to protect you.' You would always shake your head and roll your eyes at him, but never questioned his loyalty to you.

Loud thunder broke your thoughts again. Now, you were much more worried about Booker. It wasn't that he was afraid of storms. Booker never seemed to be afraid of anything.

You were afraid that he would be caught in the rain and thunder. And most likely lightning.

You feared the worst for him. That was until your eyes found a drenched, and somewhat bloody Booker in the doorway.

"BOOKER," you yelled as you pulled him inside shutting the door as you did so. You carefully sat him on the couch, and pulled out medical supplies.

You look at the cut on his arm. And thought out loud, "nasty cut, but you don't need stitches. You should be fine, Booker. Nothing a little hydrogen peroxide and bandaids won't fix."

As you swiftly tended to his wound he said nothing. You were already concerned for him with his mystery job and to add onto that, coming home bloody was new.

You finished cleaning the wound, and looked up to your saddened husband. He was looking at the ground as if it were the only thing in the world.

"Booker," you started, "are you alright?"

He glanced at you for a brief moment before wrapping you in his warm and damp embrace.

"They told me they killed you." Booker said.

You felt warm water on your shoulder. He was crying. In all your years with him Booker never cried.

"I'm so glad you okay," he whispered into your ear.

You pushed away from his embrace, and looked into his cloudy eyes. "And I'm so glad that your safe here with me." You whispered back slowly leaning in.

Booker leaned in and closed the gap.

You could feel his stubble against your chin and couldn't help but give out a light giggle.

You decided it best to ask about who 'they' were later on.