I sure am lucky Delta/ Reader

You shuffled around Rapture looking for a specific item for a very special person.

You turned a corner cautiously afraid of any splicers. 'So far so good,' you thought to yourself as you moved out of your position.

You took a few steps making sure your gun was loaded in case a splicer happened to appear out of nowhere. As they sometimes do.

You took another few steps. The floor creaked. You turned to your left to see your lover, Delta.

You sighed pleasantly surprised that it wasn't a splicer creeping up on you.

Delta brought his arm around your waist pulling you flush against him. You squeaked at the sudden contact. Your face turned a deep shade of red as his other arm came to squeeze you gently.

At first you were confused by the odd behavior. Delta was loving and compassionate, but you only saw that when he was with the little sisters. You knew Delta loved you, but he wasn't very cuddly with anyone. So the sudden display of affection confused you.

However, you didn't really mind. You were always happy to be close to him. After all the two of you were a couple.

The embrace went on longer then expected. After about a minute or so you could hear the subtle noises he made in the diver suit. You then began to hear his steady heartbeat.

'Wow,' you thought, 'I never realized how calming his presence really is.'

You looked up at the vast man holding you gently in his arms. You giggled at the sight. A huge, intimidating guy loving on a little thing like you. You giggled again. However, this time he gave a confused groan. As if asking, 'what's so funny?' You shrugged and said softly, "I'm just wondering how blessed I am to have someone like you looking out for me and loving me."

He gave a small chuckle himself and sat down on one of the nearby chairs in the dingy room.

He sat you down on his lap after he sat down himself. Holding you against him until the both of you fell asleep.