Falling Hard Eleanor/ Reader

Eleanor.

The name came off your tongue like pure magic. Everything about her made you happy, and a little bit fearful.

You knew you should stop having feelings for her. You knew that if her mother found out your love for her you would be dead before you could start to run.

Of course, no one is completely in control of their feelings.

You tried countless times to stop the racing of your heart when you saw her. Countless times you tried to forget that beautiful smile she always flashed you when you were around.

Countless times you failed to stop loving her.

In Rapture it's hard to focus on anything but survival. For you, it's equally difficult to rid Eleanor from your mind.

Then again, why would you want too.

The way she would walk up to you when she had an issue, was timid yet intoxicatingly Eleanor.

It's situations like these that make you realize why you can't get her out of your mind. Why you can't stop loving her, and why you can't leave her side.

But what is your current situation?

Right now your laying on the cold hard ground with gunshot wounds in your chest. Eleanor's cries loud in your ear, and her arms tight around your torso.

How did you get in this particular situation?

It was half past nine. You had just finished talking with Eleanor's mother.

Who, by the way, terrified you.

The way she looked at you made your blood run cold. You were more than certain she knew of your love for her daughter. She would never say if she did or not, for that woman loved her secrets.

Anyways, you walked out of her office, and headed to where you could find Eleanor.

There was a long trek between your current placement, and your destination.

Every time you would meet with Eleanor's mother you would have to fight through multiple Splicers, and dangerous territory.

All of it was worth.

Eleanor's mother only allowed you to be seen with her daughter, because you were the only one, other than Delta, that could bring a smile to her face.

Delta.

A mystery to you. But dearly loved by Eleanor. You knew little of him, and even less about why everyone hated him. You asked Eleanor once before about him, but she wouldn't say much. She said she was trying to protect you from her mother, but you wondered how much of that was true.

It was what caused your current situation that scared you. More than Eleanor's mother, and more than any splicer you've seen.

Eleanor was gone.

No note. Nothing. She wasn't where she was supposed to be.

Keep in mind this has never happened before. So, you ran off to look for her.

Fully loaded and ready to fight.

You looked everywhere. Every corner of Rapture.

Until you found her.

She was with Delta. You sighed briefly before cautiously walking up to Delta.

Perhaps it was you that made the mistake. Perhaps it was Delta.

But as soon as your foot hit a particularly squeaky spot on the wooden floor, Delta turned around and shot you.

Straight in the chest.

You knew why he did it. He was protecting his little girl.

That doesn't mean that the sensation was pleasant.

You feel to the ground. Hard.

You heard a scream.

Eleanor.

Her cries hurt you more than the bullets. You wanted nothing to happen to her. You wanted her to be happy. You wanted to die seeing her smile. Not crying not screaming for you to be okay.

Not all dreams come true.

But one thing is for certain. Big daddies are fantastic at protecting their little girls.