Chapter Six: MBG

I dedicate this to anyone who's first name starts with any letter between A-Z.

McClane's POV
I was in the dining room when Declan got home. Usually he would stop in the kitchen to get something to eat then talk my ear off. When he bypassed the kitchen and went upstairs I knew something was wrong. Finishing my psych paper I saved my work then headed upstairs. I was walking pass Declan's room when I saw his lamp flick on. I was almost to my room when I heard his door open.

 "Hey McClane... I need a favor." Declan said stepping out into the hall. Pausing I looked back and saw his red rimmed eyes.
 "How much?" I asked. If he'd been crying that meant he lost more than just a few dollars.
 "What?" He asked confused. Rolling my eyes I turned to face him.
 "You said you needed a favor. How much do you need to borrow?" Shaking his head he turned his back to face the wall and leaned against it.

 "It's not money." He chuckled. Well that was a relief. Even if it was I wouldn't be able to help him since I only have fifty bucks to my name.
 "Okay what then?" Pushing off the wall he went into his room then returned with a piece of paper in his hand.
 "I need you to forge mom's signature on this for me." There was a reason why he came to me with this. I am the best. You have no idea how many detentions and suspensions I've signed my way out of.

 "Forgery huh? What did you do? Get detention? Curse out your teacher?" I asked wiggling my brows at him. It had to be something bad. Declan wasn't himself and now I worried that he may have done something that stupid. Taking the paper I read it over and frowned.
 "You want to change classes? You don't need me to forge this just ask mom." I said. He wanted to switch his Home Economics class to Work Studies.

 "I would but she would want to know why... and I can't tell her yet so please McClane can you do this for me?"
 "Now I want to know why you need this class change so bad." I watched Declan look down to his sock covered feet. His body was tense as he tried to keep me from seeing what was really bothering him.
 "I can't tell you McClane." His voice was so monotone. Ever since that night he gave me a ride home, I've noticed he was different. Like it was something he was trying to hide.

 "Then I can't help you Declan." I watched his head snap up and his eyes widen.
 "McClane don't be--" Shaking my head I turned around to go to my room then paused. Looking back to him I could see he was torn. I didn't want to make him feel like this but if someone or something was hurting my brother I damn well wanted to know about it.
 "No Declan. I want to know what the fuck this is about. Is someone hassling you in class?"

 "What? No! McClane just please--" He said his eyes darting everywhere but looking at me. He was such a sucky liar.
 "No Declan. Tell me what you're running away from." I said crossing my arms over my chest. I held the paper in one hand giving him that 'grrr, I'm not kidding' look. Snatching the paper back Declan turned to leave the hallway.
 "Nevermind. I'll do it myself." He muttered. I watched the paper shaking like a leaf in the wind. 

 "And get caught?" I asked. I watched him falter in step but continue on to his room.
 "I'll risk it." He said crossing the threshold of his room. Now that peaked my interest. Following him I leaned against the door jam and watched him toss the paper on his desk.
 "Wow... it must be major for you to risk that." Dropping into his computer chair he began opening desk drawers pulling out ink pens.
 "Just drop it McClane." He said when he realized I was still there. Coming into his room I took a seat on his bed and leaned my elbows on my knees.

 "Why do you alway do that?" I asked annoyed. Looking back he frowned at me.
 "What am I doing?" Motioning to him up and down I shook my head in disgust.
 "Push me away. You come to me for help but won't tell me why then get mad when I want to know what's going on." I ranted. Cutting his eyes away from me he turned back to the desk.
 "It doesn't matter." Jumping from the bed I grabbed the chair and yanked it around.
 "The fuck it doesn't If someone is bothering you I want to know about it!" I screamed in his face. Pushing me back he stood from his chair and went to pass me.