Chapter Thirty Seven: DSM

Declan’s POV:

I woke with the sun in my face and Micah snoring in my ear. Smiling I opened my eyes to see him curled up on his side snoring away. The smell of blueberry waffles and bacon wafted under my door from down stairs. As much as I wanted to sneak Micah out of here I knew my parents knew he was as already here.

                “Micah… wake up babe.” I said nudging his shoulder. He swatted me away then snuggled back into the comforter.

                “Micah… we have graduation in three hours.” I said standing from the bed. Taking a pair of shorts from the floor I pulled them on. Rolling over Micah yawned and stretched his beautiful body.

                “I don’t wanna go.” He mumbled rubbing his eyes.

                “You don’t want to graduate?” I asked. Blinking at me he frowned.

                “Not if it means I have to leave this bed.” He muttered. Tossing him a pair of shorts I headed for the door.

                “I’m pretty sure they know you’re here so come down have breakfast before my mom comes up… you don’t want her to come up.” I said leaving Micah in the room. A quick stop at the bathroom I was on my way down stairs where the smell of heaven awaited me.

                “Good morning darling.” Mom sang as she plated another stack of waffles. It looked like she’d cooked for a small infantry army.

                “In a good mood this morning mom?” I said motioning to all the food.

                “Well yes I am. My babies are graduating. My eldest is saying goodbye to college and hello to the real world while my youngest is graduating high school and off to spread his wings in college. I couldn’t be any happier.” She said pulling a pitcher of orange juice from the refrigerator.

                “So because we’re graduating you wanted to cook all the breakfast food in the house?” I asked confused. I didn’t really understand my mother’s logic.

                “No silly goose. Sean, Bryant and Kallum are on their way here. Sean and Bryant stopped by to pick up Micah’s stuff he’ll need to get ready for this morning. And because Kallum’s parents got stuck in South America we volunteered to be his parents for graduation.” She said pulling out the silverware and plates. I knew it. She did know Micah was here. And speaking of the devil he decided to show his face at the exact moment the doorbell rang.

                “I’ve got it!” Dad yelled from the living room.  I’d taken two plates and started to pile it high with food for Micah and I. Once I’d finished I poured us some juice. When they all entered I took Micah by the hand and led him to his spot.

                “Thank you so much Mrs. Crawford.” Kallum said. Leaning over she gave him a motherly kiss on the cheek.

                “No need to thank me. If it weren’t for you I would have had to beat McClane to death. So actually I should be thanking you.” She said giving McClane a sweet smile.

                “How do people not see you’re evil woman?” McClane muttered. I watched my mother’s smile turn even sweeter as she fluttered her eyelashes at McClane.

                “I have no idea what you’re talking about.” She said snatching up a piece of bacon before she left.

                “Dude your mother isn’t evil.” Kallum said with a mouth full of waffle. Both McClane and I gave Kallum a ‘You have no idea’ look.