Chapter Fifteen: Declan

• Dedicated to SLGBT LOVE

Declan's POV:

I don't know what's worse. My friends acting super weird and clingy, McClane becoming totally overprotective or Micah shadowing my every step. I love them I do but their driving me crazy. It's not enough I have to worry about the game but now I have to deal with them and their crazy too. I refuse to answer my phone. It's been ringing for the last hour non stop. I don't want to talk to anyone. I don't want to hear what they have to say because if one more person ask me where am I, I think I'll snap.

Leaning back against the cool brick wall I watched the sun dipping into the horizon of the soccer field. This was the only place that I could come and not have to worry about someone stumbling across me. I was trying to clear my mind of all the chaos. I couldn't worry about them right now. Tomorrow was the day. The county wide championships. I was nervous but then again I wasn't. I knew we'd win. Trenton was good... but we were better. It wasn't facing Trenton I was worried about. It was him.

I haven't seen Todd since that first game. After Micah told me what Todd did I didn't want to see him. I didn't think I could control myself not to punch him in his face during the game. It was because of him Micah and I were late. We could have been celebrating our four year anniversary instead of just finding one another. Closing my eyes I imagined what our lives could have been if Todd hadn't done what he did. Micah would have never gotten with Katlin. She would have never become popular. The whole social hierarchy of Murphy Kennedy would be different if it wasn't for him.

I'd started humming to myself. A song I'd heard from one of the movies Ginger found me. The story wasn't like mine but it felt like it could be my life. A young guy boggled down by responsibility gives up on his dreams to go to art school to take care of his sister and her child. All the while he's struggling with the fact he's attracted to his best friend's older brother who happens to be an out and proud gay man. I could feel the words of the song on my lips. The melody in my ears. The emotion it stirred in me.

"Lie/On why you're leaving early. Deny/That you're in any hurry. Cry/And tell me not to worry. Cause what I don't know/Is never gonna hurt me." I could see the scenes from the movie flashing before my eyes. The actors faces were replaced with Micah's and my own.
 "Found you." Cracking an eye open I spotted Micah at the railing. I wondered how long he'd been there listening to me singing. Pulling himself over he walked over and took a seat next to me on the ground.

 "I've been calling you." He said watching me with relieved eyes.
 "Yeah you and everyone else." I muttered. I saw when his relief turned into hurt.
 'Don't take it out on him!' My conscious yelled at me.
 "Sorry... been feeling a bit crowded lately. I didn't mean to sound... so blah." I said taking his hand into mine.

 "That's partially my fault... ever since Todd... I'm been scared he'll do something and... you're important to me." Tightening my fingers I pulled him closer until I could rest my head on his shoulder.
 "About Todd... I know about him. I know he's been following you around and watching us. I saw him that night at the party. Is he the reason why all of you have gone bat-shit crazy?" I asked. I could hear his heart when it sped up. Nodding a bit he swallowed hard.

 "I figured as much." We sat there in silence for a moment watching the rest of the sun disappear. In the mist of twilight I sat up and turned to him. He had his eyes half closed still watching the skyline. With the sun gone the temperature dropped a bit but not much. I loved how beautiful he looked in this light. Just the sight of him stirred me. It turned my semi innocent thoughts of kissing his lips into very very naughty thoughts.

 Pushing onto my knees I straddled his body facing him. I let my eyes search his while stroking his face with my fingertips. I let him push me forward gently until we were chest to chest my mouth hovering over his.
 "Declan." He whispered. Threading my fingers through his hair I inched my body closer. Bypassing his lips altogether I latched on to his earlobe. I felt it when his breath hitched. Running my tongue along the shell of his ear I started to slow grind.