Chapter Fifteen: Micah

• Dedicated to All The Girls Who Like Boys who Love Boys

Micah's POV:

I was playing army men with water guns with Seven and his friends when McClane called me. He didn't bother with greetings or anything. He was in a state of panic and I could literally feel it coming through the phone.

                "I can't find him and he's not answering his phone." I didn't have to ask who he was. I automatically knew who McClane was talking about. He continued to tell me he checked the entire house and couldn't find him. I was about to ask him about Declan's GPS system when he went on to say he took the GPS out and left it on the kitchen counter. This motivated me to get off the ground and run to my car. All I've been able to think about is Todd and what he might do to Declan. I know he's had to notice how we've all seemed to latch onto him like he was super glue.

                "I'll call around and see if anyone can catch sight of him." I said as I backed out of the driveway.

                "Uncle Mike!!" Seven shouted as he ran forward. Rolling down my window I waited for him to make it to me.

                "Are we going to see Declan in the game tomorrow?" Of the family Seven's the only one who's met Declan. It was an instant friendship. Seven fell in love with soccer just by listening to Declan talk about it.

                "Yeah buddy. We're going to the game to see Declan and his team win. Right now I'm gonna find Declan to make sure he's ready for the game." I could see the excitement in his eyes at the mention of Declan and his team. Seven thought it was so cool Declan was the captain.

                "I know where Declan is... his favorite place in the world." And with that Seven ran back to the yard to tell his friends he was indeed going to the game. Pulling off down the road I thought about Seven's words. His favorite place in the world. What was the one place Declan would always go? I mentally thanked Seven for his simplistic view of the world. He unknowingly gave me the location of my missing man. It didn't take me long to get to the stadium.

When I spotted Declan's car I felt my gut ease. I bypassed the lockers and the bleachers. He would want to be some place high enough to see the entire field and away from the everyday noise. The only place he would go would be the announcer's box at the very top of the stadium. I took my time not having to rush anymore. When I reached the railing I could hear him humming. Pausing I let it wash over me. I loved his voice. It was like listening to the artist themselves in live concert.

                "Lie/On why you're leaving early. Deny/That you're in any hurry. Cry/And tell me not to worry. Cause what I don't know/Is never gonna hurt me." I recognized the song from a movie I'd watched with Declan. Like him I dug the song and the movie even more. There was a small smile on his face as he sat there.

                "Found you." I said. I watched as he cracked an eye open and spotted me at the railing. He had bit of a blush on his face. I knew how he felt about people listening to him sing. Pulling myself over I went and took a seat next to him on the ground.

                "I've been calling you." I said watching him with relieved eyes.

                "Yeah you and everyone else." He muttered. I didn't want to compare myself to Katlin but that's exactly who I was acting like. I was suffocating him to death... we all were.

                "Sorry... been feeling a bit crowded lately. I didn't mean to sound... so blah." He said taking my hand into his. He was trying to make me feel better for hurting my feelings when in reality it was my fault.