Ch 9. When it Consumes him

A/N 1: Mature content. If you are under 18 years old, do NOT read this chapter. And for the rest of you this is my first time writing like this so please be nice. Thank you!

*Edited- February 7, 2016

XxXxXxXxX

Today was the day

For after two weeks, today she was going to meet with him

With Mark Grayson

Evan was in his home office waiting for her to leave so he could call Jackson and give him the 'go ahead'. He couldn't focus on the papers in front of him, his thoughts were solely on Rosie and what she is planning on doing with Grayson. Then that was when he heard footsteps and he slowly stood up and quietly went to his office door and opened a crack to be able to see what she is doing.

He saw Rosie look at the hallway mirror and fix her make-up and hair. She grab her coat, purse and an overnight bag? The feeling in his heart and gut came back in full force and he didn't like it. He waited until he heard the door close to alert Jackson.

"Jackson. Yeah it's me. She's coming your way. Be prepared to follow her. Inform me if anything important happens that I need to know. Alright, bye." He hung up and walked towards the kitchen to drink anything strong. Once he found a bottle of Vodka he grab a cup for water and poured into it. He took sips out of it, as he waited for a call from Jackson.

XxXxXxXxX

Four hours he waited

Until his cell rang out of his empty apartment home.

He looked at the Caller ID and saw the name Jackson. He took a deep breath and answered.

"What do you have for me?" There was a pause before Jackson responded.

"Sir...I think it would be better if you saw this yourself. They are going to a Hotel right now. Would you like the address, Sir?" Jackson hesitated. Evan closed his eyes, he didn't want to know but he had to know all at the same time.

"Give me the address Jackson. Uh-huh, I know where that is. Alright I'll see you there." Evan placed his phone in his pocket and grab his coat and marched in a rush out of the apartment. Once in his car he froze. What was he going to do once there? Will he want to see them together? Will he surprised them in the act? Does he even have the right to criticize her if he was the one who started it all?

He started the car and drove out into the streets.

XxXxXxXxX

Evan reached his destination and parked his car away from the Hotel and saw Jackson by his car. He walked towards him and Jackson handed him his binoculars.

"They are in the lobby, Sir." He told him. Evan turned towards the Hotel and looked through the binoculars. His breathing stop at the sight that was playing right in front of him. Grayson had his arms around Rosie's body and looked like a newlywed's. He swallowed bitterly, He saw one of the Hotel workers hand Grayson a white card. He knew what was about to happen.

Evan, without a second thought, ran across the street, while Jackson shouting after him, "Sir, wait!" He was about to run after him but a city bus came between him and the Hotel. Once Evan was across, he coolly and calmly walked into the Hotel. He looked around and caught a glimpse of Rosie's coat. He walked to where the saw her and where the elevators were located. Once he turned a corner the elevator door closed he looked above it to see where it would stop.

"Top floor." He said. He pushed the button and another elevator door opened and stepped inside. Once he pressed the button to go to the top, the elevator door shut closed and leaned on the elevator rails behind him. Never did he thought he of all people would be doing this. What in the world was he doing?