Ch 11. The Start of ending Marriage

*Edited- February 7, 2016

I stood there staring at my desk

Melissa and Esmeralda sat there and stared at my desk as well

What is so special about that you ask?

Well the reason is that I have a beautiful arrangement of a dozen white roses

But these flowers weren't from Mark

"So let me get this straight," Melissa started out saying. "You mean to tell me that these arrangement of white roses are from your husband. Your lying piece of sh*t of your so called 'husband', really?" She asked in disbelief. Esmeralda looked at her like a mother looks at her child when the child did or said something bad.

"Maybe, um...it was meant to be sent to Donna?" Esmeralda questioned. I rolled my eyes at that.

"No he meant to send it to me." I gave her the card that came with the roses and she took it into her hands. Melissa leaned over to Esmeralda's side as she read it out loud.

"Dear Rose,

I know that by saying sorry doesn't begin to cover of all the things I have said and done to you. I want you to know that I do care for you, and if you give me a chance I can show you what I am saying here is true. I hope you can forgive me and we can start to work on our marriage. I really do love you Rose.

Yours Truly,

Evan"

Esmeralda eyes looked like it was about to pop out of her skull. Melissa on the other hand.

"He must out of f*cking mind. Does he really think that he is going to make you fall in love with him all over again?" She questioned. Esmeralda smiled at me but looking into her eyes I could see a hint of sadness in them.

"Maybe he really wants to change and want to work things out with you Rosie. At least give him chance." She suggested to me. Melissa looked at her in anger.

"You must be out of your pregnant mind. I know that the hormones are all over the place since you are pregnant and all, but don't be stupid." She turned her head towards me, "Do you remember what he said to you? What he did to you? Don't be stupid!" She stood and slammed her hands hard on my desk. "Don't fall for this stupid act of his! For all we know, he is doing this to make you stop seeing Mark and wants to ruin the best thing that ever happened to you. He could be planning to play with your feelings again and once your attention is back on him he will go back to the way he was!" Melissa finish as she panted in anger and saying her speech in one breathe. Esmeralda looked away and wiped the tears gathering in her eyelids. Melissa saw her and deflated.

"I'm sorry Esme, but you know deep down that what I am saying is true. You can't trust men like Evan and your ex-husband." Esmeralda nodded her head and sniff her stuffy nose.

"I know, I know. I think its just the romantic in me that wants them to work things out, for the both of us you know?" She said while looking at both of us. Melissa lifted the corners of her mouth a bit as I just smiled sadly at Esmeralda and I's relationship. I took the card back and sat in my chair looking at it.

"I think Melie is right." I said, I looked at the flowers and sighed deeply, "Knowing him as well as I do, he's just playing me for a fool. He must be, there is no way he would start to care about what I do in my day-to-day life." I pressed a button to talk to my assistant.

"Yes Ma'am?"

"Come in to my office, I need you to take care of something for me." I released the button and stood up as my assistant, Ashley, quickly came into the room.