Ch 7. The Time he Notices her

*Edited- February 7, 2016

It has been a couple of months since he was named CEO of Rose's family Company, until he finally got of hold of the young Entrepreneur. A Mark-something or other, he forgets the name.

That guy sent him an invite to a party he was hosting up in his Penthouse and it said to bring his wife so he could know him a bit more in order to see if there was any future for the companies to merge.

"Alright this is what is going to happen," He and Rosie were inside the elevator heading up to Mark's Apartment and he was giving rules for her to follow, not knowing that she knows Mark and had been there before."We are going to this stupid party to impress this guy in order for him to sign this contract. So you will just act like a good little wife and let me do all the talking, do you understand?" Rosie sighed and shifted her foot so her weight could rest on the left leg. Evan didn't like her response so he grabbed her arm harshly.

"I said do you f*cking understand?" Rosie hissed.

"Yes I do!" She practically yelp in pain. Evan let go of her and she rub her hand on her upper arm.

"God your so f*cking annoying and weak. No wonder your parents almost gave you away to me." He said. Rosie looked at him then looked back once the elevator stopped and opened they stepped out of it and Rosie made her way to the penthouse, Evan found that a bit weird.

Once caught up with her she push the doorbell and waited. Evan had to ask her. "How the hell did you know where this guy lives?" She froze and got stiff.

Without looking at him she said, "You told me just now."

"No I didn't."

She shrugged, "I don't know what to tell you but you did."

"Are you calling me a li-," He was cut short when the door open and saw a well dressed man standing in front of them.

"Hello, how may I help you?" Evan cleared his throat and handed him his invitation.

"We were invited to this party." The well dressed man nodded his head and step aside for them to enter.

"Yes Mr. Mark is expecting you both, please come in." Rosie step in first and handed him her coat.

"Thanks James."

"You're welcome Miss. Rose." James replied back. Rosie froze again just as Evan froze in his tracks.

"James, Miss Rose?" He muttered in confusion. She cleared her throat and ignored her slip up and just walked down the hall to go where the party is at. Evan shoved his coat at James and march down the hall in search of Rosie and what he saw was somewhat unsettling to him. Rosie was with a man, a very handsome man, and he was rubbing his hand on her lower back while whispering something in her ear.

He slowly walked up to them, they didn't even notice him. She giggled and he chuckled but then out of the corner of eye he saw Evan and slowly removed himself from Rosie, she got the hint that Evan was coming. Evan then was right next to her, wrapping his arms around her shoulders and pulling her away from the Mark completely.

"Hello I'm Evan Connor and this is my wife Rose Connor. " Evan introduce himself and Rose. The guy smiled at Evan but when he spoke his eyes trained on Rosie.

"Nice to meet the married couple; I'm Mark Grayson." His said. He then shook Rosie's hand but he never let go until Evan cleared his throat, to their attention.

"I'm sorry Mr. Connor, it's just that your wife is so beautiful. I wouldn't let her out of sights no matter what. Someone might take her away from you if you don't cherish her." Mark said. Evan look at Mark oddly as Rosie smiled at Mark and let her hand slip from his.