Ch 6. Where We left off

*Edited- February 7, 2016

"So that was the beginning for my son and you then. You two met in the park, passed midnight?" Mark's father asked as we got out of his town car and into his Mansion. I have already been here before once when he threw a gala to raise money for the Orphans.
We entered his home office and we sat on the couch he had in there. I removed my coat and faced him, "Yeah, at that very same park. That's where we confessed our love for each other, where he proposed to me and-," I cut myself off. I choked up at the last thought.

"Where you told him you are pregnant. Am I correct?" He finished for me. I smiled sadly and nodded my head. He sighed and patted my hand in my lap and stood up. He walked to his liquor bar and pour two glasses of water. "I don't have to ask who is the father since I can just tell by the story that Evan never had touched you intimately." He walked back and gave me the glass of water and I thanked him, "Never did I imagine that this was going on in your marriage. Evan using you to get ahead with your family name. By the way dear, what of your parents, do they know about the baby?" I snorted at his question.

"Of course they know, they even insulted Mark and I, even went as far as calling our baby a bastard." I sighed and sip my glass. He shook his head and sighed.

"I have known your father for almost all my life, and never did I think this is how they treated you and talked to you like that. Like your some sort of something disgusting." I faked laughed at his thought.

"No, I am used to it and when it was my wedding day, my father looked so happy for me and even went as far as to hug me. He never did that; including my mother. I didn't occur to me that they were happy that they were getting rid of me for good." The corner of my mouth lifted a bit as if I were trying to smile. He smiled and stood up he went to the door.

"I'll tell Stella to prepare a room for you. I want to talk to you about something important tomorrow morning. I want you to be well rested. For you and my grandchild sake." I nodded my head as he stepped out of the room. I closed my eyes and rolled my head side to side, trying to release some tension from my neck. I stood and walked around his office until my eyes landed on a photo frame of a picture of Mark on the desk.

He look like he was 7 or 8 years old with his mother arm's around him. I smiled and touched the glass wondering if my child will look like its father. I just hope he or she would. I sat down on the chair near the desk and suddenly got lost in my thoughts. The memories of Mark and I texting, phone calls, the meetings down at the park. I even remembered when Evan started to act differently around me when Mark and I announced that we love each other.

He started to pay a little bit closer attention to my sneak aways.

XxXxXxXxX

It had be a little over 7 to 8 months since we first met and I was head over heels in love with him and he as well. Never have I been this happy and content with my life even though I was still a married woman. I was in my room; brushing my blown dry hair. It was a bit chilly in New York so I dress accordingly to the weather today. I was in a black, soft, turtle neck and dark denim jeans. I didn't wear any make-up on since it was going to be a pain once I have to take it off and also because Mark said that I don't need any, that my natural look is enough for him.

I was about to put on my earrings that Mark gave me as a gift when the door to my bedroom opened. I saw in the mirror that it was Evan. I looked surprised because right about now he was supposed to be over to that wh*re of a girlfriend's house, but instead he was in his pyjamas and robe. I looked a bit closely at his face and saw that he was a bit under the weather.

Not my problem, I thought to myself.

I turned to face him, "What do you want, are you trying to get me sick?"

"Where are you going? You just came in this morning, where the heck were you?" He asked angrily. I rolled my eyes and faced back that the mirror finishing up.

"I don't ask you where you are going in the morning's, so don't come in here and ask me where the hell I've been." I retorted back. He placed his cold mask faced before he talked.

"What I do or don't do is not none of your business." I then stood up quickly and faced him.

"Right back at you! Whatever the hell I do or don't donis none of your f*cking business. I see that you look a little sick so why don't you do us all a favor and go back to your room and stay there, or better yet; stay over Donna's place." I snapped back. I angrily grabbed my coat and bag off the bed and stormed out of the apartment.

XxXxXxXxX

I sighed at the memory. That was the downfall of it all. Everyday I would come home in the wee hours of the mornings to see Evan either, in the kitchen or in the living room asking me where the hell I've been. Of course my answer has always been "out."

I smiled a bit at the thought of him freaking out, wondering if I was having  s*x with anyone, with all the questions he would ask me, as if I would answer them honestly. I sighed because the truth of it all; during that time, never had Mark and I had s*x. We cuddled: that's it! But it was fun messing with Evan, even if it was for a little while.

The door open and came in Stella, the head house maid, and smiled at me. "Miss Rose, let me show you to your room." She stepped aside and I made my way out. I followed her up the stairs and into the guest room. I step inside and took a look around the room as Stella stood by the door.

"There is some clean towels in the bathroom Miss Rose.  Have a good night." She excused herself. Once the door closed and I was alone, I removed my clothes and my undergarments and stood by a mirror to see my baby bump. I smiled and slowly caressed it.

"You are the only living proof of the love that your father and I hav-." I cut myself off, my expression changed. "Had. Of the love we had. You are the only thing I have in this world." With that I headed for the shower and then to bed. Dreaming of the life Mark, our baby and I deserve to have, but never got the chance to.

XxXxXxXxX

Meanwhile, all the way in the city that never sleeps, Evan was in his home office with a glass and bottle of scotch, trying to process everything that is going on. Rose had an affair with that Mark guy and had gotten pregnant, then this Mark guy had gotten killed by his ex-lover who want to kill Rose but he got in the way to protect her.

He rubbed his face in his palms as he could still hear the echoes of screams and gunshots. He lifted his sights on a rare picture of Rose in her wedding dress, she had a very happy look with that smile of her's. He grabbed the frame and held it close to him, he smiled sadly at it. She got rid of all the wedding albums and even her wedding dress, he tried looking for them but then at the far corner in the back of the closet in his room he found this picture of  her.

"After everything that has happened, the way Donna and I treated you, the way I used you; I promised myself that having feelings for a girl like you would be a horrible idea. I had Donna, a woman who I have always dreamed of having but-," he trailed off. He sighed and took a swig of the scotch and slammed it on his desk. When did these feelings for Rose started? I wondered but then it hit him.

I started to care when I first met Mark...and how he looked at her.

XxXxXxXxX

His there guys! I know this is not my best work but I kinda had to get this out of the way for the next chapter. Please Read, Review, Vote and Share.

A/N: The picture on top or on the side is NOT Rosie, it's what Rosie would look like; posed, in her wedding picture. okay?