Chapter 13

24th March, 2024 - Sydney, Australia

Jason

I shifted as I felt soft warm air hit my ear, tickling it. I opened my eyes, squinting as the light was a bit too bright. I heard light snores beside me making me turn my head. I suddenly smiled. My love was sleeping peacefully. He moved closer, snuggling into me.

Last night was incredible. I've missed it. I've missed him.

The side of his face squished into the pillow, light snores leaving his pink lips. His hair fallen onto his forehead. My eyes travelling down his sleeping body. Tattoos inked to his tanned skin. He has definitely gotten more of those over the past years. I remember when he got his first one. It was a small one. A little seagull on his hip but nonetheless I was still sitting beside him, watching him get it done.

I don't know how long I was staring but Justin started to wake up. "Morning love," I greeted kissing his forehead. "Morning," He smiled up at me. "How long have you been awake?" He asked. "Uh I don't even know," I admitted. He chuckled. He snuggled even closer to me if that was possible. Our naked bodies touching with heat.

He lifted his body abit letting the cold morning air drift under the blanket. He placed his head back down on the pillow, pulling the blanket up to his shoulders. We stared at each other lovingly. "I love you," I said. He giggled. "I love you too," I smiled.

Stomach rumbled and he blushed. "Someone's hungry," I teased. "Of course! Making love takes a lot out of ya," He exclaimed, eyes wide. I laughed shaking my head. He walked into the wardrobe and after a few minutes he came back out dressed in a full grey adidas tracksuit and threw me the same attire but in navy blue as he was talking on the phone. He sounded concerned.

"Okay good luck," He said before ending the call. "Who was that?" I asked. "Alex just left with Kate. She's in labour and the kids are still sleeping. So we better head back next door." He explained. Shit. I'm gonna be an uncle again!

I nodded quickly getting dressed and walked out.

We opened the door to be met with silence. The Autumn wind blowing past us. Shutting the door, we made our way up the stairs. We walked straight past the bedrooms to the double door room where it had 'The Game Room' decorated on it.

We opened the door to hear soft littles snores and the sound of the credits playing of toy story. Seeing blankets and pillows everywhere in front of the large screen, I noticed three small bumps.

I smiled at the sight, Jade was in the middle as the two boys were on either side. They looked so peaceful. Little angels. "Aww," I heard Justin coo followed by a click of a camera. I turned to look at him seeing he had his phone out.

I observed the area of where they were laying. Popcorn scattered around the place and three sippy cups at the end of the blankets. Relieved, it was a small mess to clean.

"Babe, c'mon let go make them breakfast," Justin whispered. I nodded taking his hand, leading us out and to the kitchen downstairs.

Grabbing out ingredients, Justin immediately started preparing. I sat back and watch him cook. His face was full of concentration even has his tongue sticking out. I smiled, secretly taking a photo. Posting it to Instagram, captioned 'Cooking breakfast for fam😌😍'

Immediately getting likes, I logged out.

"Aight. Done," Justin said placing the last piece of bacon on the plate, patting it down with a paper towel. "Finally," I said joking. "Finally, you didn't even do anything," He said. "Because you slapped my hand," I said widening my eyes and pouting. "Aww, I'm sorry babe. You were getting in the way of my cooking space," He said walking around the island and towards me.

He had his arms open and I went into his embrace. "I love you," He said looking up as I was sitting on the tall stool. Before I could say it back, I heard a 'I love you too,'. Immediately turning around I saw the culprit. My babygirl. Justin laughed and went to the double doored fridge.

"Babygirl," I smiled opening my arms up. "Papa!" She grinned running over to me. "How'd you sleep Bub? Did you like the sleepover?" I asked holding her in my arms. "Good! And yes! We watched sooo many movies," She answered grinning cheek to cheek. "That's good," I said hugging her.

As Jade went on tell me about the movies they watched, Jake wondered in. He looked around the kitchen and spotted Justin. Walking up behind him, he tugged on Justin's trackies. Justin started but turned around. He looked down and smiled. Picking him up and cuddling him. I smiled. Justin turned his head and looked at me. 'I love you,' I mouthed. He smiled and said it back.

Moments later Kieran walked through the entrance to the kitchen, rubbing his eyes. "Good morning K," I greeted. Kieran looked up and frowned. "M Morning Uncle Jase," He said tiredly. He's not a morning person.

Justin placed Jake at the table with food and walked back over to Kieran. "Hey Bub, how'd you sleep?" He asked. Kieran looked up and just made grabby hands at him. Justin complied and hitching him up on his hip. "Tired baby," He said.

I placed Jade at the table with Jake and handed them their food aswell as a cup of orange juice for Jake and apple juice for Jade. They thanked me. "Eat up babies," I said.

"Guess what? Mummy's gonna have your sister or brother today," Justin informed Kieran, trying to cheer him up. Though it's not no use. He's definitely not a morning person. He smiled but then place his head on Justin's shoulder, slowly closing his eyes.

After we had breakfast, we all agreed on a lazy day and watch tv. We were back in the game room. Blankets up to our chest as it was cold. We all laid on the long theatre couch and watched Scooby Doo. Justin and I on the end, Jade was snuggling beside, falling asleep again, Jake was in the middle laughing at how scared Scooby was and Kieran was asleep in Justin's arms.

Not knowing I fell asleep, I woke up to my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I answered sleepy. "Jase! It's a boy! He's beautiful." Alex exclaimed. "Aww, congrats bro." I said. They had decided to keep the gender a secret. Agreeing to meet up at the hospital to meet my nephew, I woke Justin up. "Babe?" I said shaking his shoulder lightly. "Hmm?" He hummed. "The baby's born, let's go to the hospital," I said. That immediately got him up. "Really?" He smiled and I nodded. "Wait here," He said running out. He came back in with three sets of clothing.

"Here," He said handling me a pair of Jade's clothes she's left here.

After getting him ready, I took a chance to look at the time. '6:37pm' woah, we slept the whole day away. We got the littles in the car and drove to the hospital. Quickly running into the hospital noticing paparazzi following us. I can see headlines. 'Jastin, rushing into hospital. Baby?' Anything along these lines, remembering quite clearly when we were younger, they'd assume Justin was pregnant or drugged or something. It really annoyed me as most of the times, it was family members we were seeing.

"He's beautiful," Justin complimented mesmerised by the small bundle of joy in his arms. "Thank you," Both Alex and Kate said smiling. I looked over at the three little kids in the corner playing and eating. We had picked up Maccas before driving here as the kids complained about being hungry.

They have had their share of holding the new born with assistance of course. Kieran was delighted to have a new baby brother. As were the twins for a new cousin. All in all it was a very happy day.

'Liam Cole McCann, Liam after Kate's fathers name and Cole for Alex's late best friend.
8 pounds 11oz, born 5:57pm Saturday 23rd March'

👶🏼👶🏼👶🏼👶🏼👶🏼👶🏼👶🏼👶🏼👶🏼👶🏼👶🏼👶🏼👶🏼👶🏼

1285 words! -not edited-

Baby Liam👶🏼😍

💋S.