Chapter 26

Copyright © 2012 Nicole Mckoy 

Olivia P.O.V.

I woke up to my house phone ringing none stop. I was at home in bed with Mitch. Yeah I know its sad that he’s at my house in bed with me but it has been two months since we had our little heart to heart in Tim’s hospital room. I was now seven months pregnant and Tim had been in his coma for five months. I wanted to believe that Tim would wake up but it just didn’t seem like it was going to happen so I had to move on with life.

I sat up in bed and turned on my lamp. Mitch had his arms around me so my movement woke him up. 

“Baby what is it?” Mitch asked. 

“The phone’s ringing off the hook,” I said.

Mitch nodded and just turned over and went back to sleep. I picked up the phone so it could finally stop ringing. 

“Hello,” I answered. 

“Hello Mrs. Eastwood this is a nurse down at the local hospital,” a woman said.

“How may I help you?” 

“I have good news. Your husband is awake.”

I dropped the phone in shock. After five months my husband was awake and I was here in the house in bed with Mitch. Some things just never change.

“Hello Mrs. Eastwood are you still there,” the nurse said. 

I picked the phone back up and put it close to my ear. 

“Yes hello I’m still here,” I said. 

“Your husband is asking for you. It would be great if you could get down here as soon as possible,” the nurse said. 

“Ok I’m on my way,” I said. 

I said goodbye then hung up the phone. I got out of bed and went into my closet to get changed so I could get to the hospital. 

“Olivia what’s going on?” I heard Mitch ask. 

“Tim’s awake I have to get to the hospital,” I said. 

I walked out of the closet in a decent outfit. I went into the bathroom to fix my hair so I could go. 

“So… Why are you up?” Mitch asked. 

“Mitch, Tim has been unconscious for five months I have to go see him. The nurse called and said he’s asking for me,” I said. 

“Well at least you can get your divorce now,” Mitch said.

Mitch got out of bed and walked into the bathroom. He sat on the bathroom counter while I finished combing my hair. 

“Mitch don’t start,” I said rolling my eyes. 

“No don’t you start. We talked about this the other day. I want my kids to have a real family. Which means I want you to be my wife. Now that Tim’s awake you’re serving his ass with divorce papers. Then we’re going to move into that house that you liked,” Mitch said. 

“Mitch I’m not serving Tim with divorce papers when he just woke up from a coma. That’s just cruel.” 

“I don’t give a damn.”

“I can tell.” 

“Look we’re not going to start fighting because he’s decided to wake up. Go see him if that’s what you need but he’s going to want a divorce anyway. Do you think he’s going to still want you when he finds out you’re having my kids and not his?”