Chapter 14

Copyright © 2012 Nicole Mckoy 

Mitch P.O.V.

After Olivia kicked me out of her house I just took the day off. She really didn’t want anything to do with me anymore.

The only person to blame for this was Tim. Tim was the reason I lost the girl I loved and that made me happy. He had taken away the only good thing I had and ruined everything. I knew Olivia was still unhappy. How could she ever be happy with Tim when I was still here and could give her so much more? Not only was my career in a better place but I didn’t neglect her like Tim did. My life revolved around her in a good way. 

I needed to come up with a plan to get her interested again. I knew the only way would be jealously now. I had this woman name Adrianne’s number who was a new client with the company. There was going to be this dinner for all the employees in a few days so that would be the perfect chance to get Olivia interested again. She needed to see that other woman would want me if she didn’t, even if I wasn’t interested in the other women. 

I dialed Adrianne’s number so I could ask her out for the dinner. 

“Hello,” Adrianne answered. 

“Hi Adrianne this is Mitch,” I said. 

“Oh hi Mitch I wasn’t expecting you to ever call.”

“Why?” 

“I thought you had a girlfriend and weren’t interested.”

“On no I don’t have a girlfriend. That relationship ended.” 

“Sorry to hear that.” 

“Don’t be. It’s her lost.” 

“It sure is.” 

“So do you think you’d like to be my date to a company dinner in a few days.”

“Of course.” 

“Great I’ll pick you up at six thirty.” 

“I can’t wait to see you.” 

I hung up the phone and hoped this would work. If I could see even a little hint of jealousy in Olivia eyes I’d know she still loved me.

Olivia P.O.V. 

I pulled up to Mitch’s condo and parked my car. I just needed to drop off all the stuff he bought me. I told Tim that and he freaked out just because I said he couldn’t come. If he was going to start trusting me again he needed to just go ahead and trust me. I didn’t need him to follow me around like he was my parent. 

I got out of my car and walked up to the front door. I rang the doorbell and Mitch answered the door. He was shirtless with just sweatpants on. The way he was dressed didn’t help this situation.

“Why are you here I thought you were done with me,” Mitch said in a hurt tone. 

“I just came to give you your things back,” I said. 

“I told you I didn’t want that stuff back that’s why I left that stuff at your house. I bought those things for you so keep them.” 

“I can’t keep them and you know that. Tim wants the stuff out of the house.”

“Is his bitch ass still whining? Damn he got you so he needs to quit complaining.”

“Mitch just take the stuff back.” 

“I’ll open the garage just sit the boxes in there.” 

Mitch opened the garage and I started putting the boxes in there. I knew giving him everything back hurt him but I had no choice. I was still trying to work things out with my husband and he needed to be my first priority.