Chapter 10

Copyright © 2012 Nicole Mckoy 

Mitch P.O.V.

I finished getting ready for work and saw Olivia waking up. Last night I had to calm her down because she wouldn’t stop crying. She felt so betrayed by Tim so I was just her shoulder to cry on. I didn’t like seeing her so hurt. Tim had really missed up and broke her heart. 

“I made you breakfast you want me to bring it to you?” I asked. 

“Yeah,” Olivia answered quietly. 

I went into the kitchen and got the food I had cooked for Olivia’s breakfast. I made her the usual American breakfast. 

“Here baby,” I said. 

I put a bed tray in front of her with her food on it. I gave her a kiss then went to put on my tie. 

“You know on my one year anniversary to Tim he brought me breakfast in bed. He kind of made it an anniversary tradition after that,” Olivia said. 

I felt for her but I didn’t want to hear about her memories of Tim. She needed to realize that he was a bad husband once and for all and get over him. 

“Olivia don’t think about him. He betrayed you and hurt you in the worst way possible. You don’t deserve to feel the pain he’s inflicted,” I said. 

I got out my wallet and pulled out my black card as well as my American Express card. I walked over to Olivia and handed her both cards. 

“What are these for?” she asked. 

“I want you to get out of bed and go shopping. They say retail therapy cures everything. I want to see a smile on your face when I get home from work,” I said. 

“Thanks Mitch but I don’t feel like shopping. I just want to lay in bed and sulk.” 

“Don’t let his betrayal put you in a bad mood. You’re too beautiful to be upset like this.” 

“Mitch I get that you’re trying to help but I just found out my husband of ten years cheated on me and got some other woman pregnant. Shopping and acting happy isn’t going to help me get over this. I could be getting a divorce. So just let me be.” 

I didn’t want to keep pushing Olivia since she seemed like she was going to crack any minute. I just gave her a kiss then got my stuff and walked out of the bedroom. 

Tim P.O.V. 

Last night when I got home Olivia was gone. She didn’t leave me a note or anything she just packed a bag and left. I tried calling her but she ignored my calls. I left her some messages telling her I was sorry and that I wanted her to come home so we could talk. I just needed her to give me another chance. 

I knew telling her about Elena would hurt her especially after what happened between her parents we she was younger. She had been hesitant to marry me in the first place because of her parents divorce. She had even been guarded when we dated. I had to prove to her that she could trust me and that I would be true to her. She let me in and trusted me to be faithful to her and I failed her. 

Seeing her react how she did broke my hurt. I never wanted any of this to happen. I had just made a selfish mistake and was now paying the price. 

I sat in Mitch’s office waiting for him to get here because I needed some advice. He had been my friend since we were kids. He had been around Olivia and I since she came into our lives. He knew her almost as well as I did. I just wanted his opinion on how I should go about getting her to come home.