Chapter 18

Copyright © 2012 Nicole Mckoy 

Olivia P.O.V. 

Since Tim walked out on me he had only been home once and that was to pack a suitcase. He told me we wouldn’t be able to move forward until I accepted and forgave him for his affair. He also wanted to get the DNA test results back before he came back home.

Tim wasn’t trying to work things out with me anymore than I was trying to work things out with him. If this baby Elena was pregnant with turned out to be Tim’s our marriage was going to be done for good.

“Baby I made you breakfast,” Mitch said. 

Mitch walked into my bedroom holding a breakfast tray full of food. I sat in bed and Mitch put the food over my lap. He then got back in bed beside me and began feeding me my food.

“This is good. Thank you,” I said. 

“Anything for you beautiful,” Mitch said giving me a kiss. 

Since Tim wasn’t home I didn’t want to be alone. I called Mitch over just to talk but then that led to other things and now he was just staying over until Tim came back. I might have been a spiteful bitch for letting Mitch practically move in to my home with Tim while Tim was out but Tim did this to himself.  

“Tim finds out the DNA test results today,” I said. 

“The baby is going to be his,” Mitch said. 

“What if its not. What if I’ve been hard on Tim this whole time and the baby isn’t even his. If the baby isn’t his he wants us to go to counseling and try to fix our marriage.” 

“Your marriage can’t be fixed Olivia. If you even wanted a hope at keeping Tim why am I here.” 

“Mitch don’t get upset.” 

“Olivia you’re playing games with me again. I thought when I came here and we got back together you were finally going to leave Tim. I’m not just some fuck buddy you know.” 

“I know that Mitch. This is all just so messed up.” 

“Nothing is messed up this is simple. You either want me or Tim.”

“I… Mitch it’s not that simple. I like you for different reasons than I love Tim.” 

“You say you love him yet I’m here in your bed. You are still cheating on him with me!”

“I know and I feel-“ 

“You know you don’t feel bad so don’t even lie to yourself or me and say you do. Olivia you don’t have to stay with Tim. We can be together and move away from here and make a new life for ourselves.” 

“Mitch that sounds nice but its not realistic. I need to stay with Tim.” 

“Why? Because he’s all you know and is the safe choice. Olivia I promise if you leave Tim for me I’ll never hurt you like he’s hurt you.”

“Mitch don’t you have to get to work?"

“You kicking me out of bed already…” 

“No I just thought you’d want to be on time to work.” 

“Lets see staying in bed with a sexy woman that I love or going to work. I think I want to stay in bed with you all day.” 

“Does that mean you’re calling in sick?” 

“Yup. I think I gotta cold that only you can cure.” 

Mitch took the tray off the bed and put it down on the floor. Mitch was fun and just a good time. He was so much different than Tim. Was I in love with him? I don’t know but I was sure enjoying my time with him.