Chapter 11

Copyright © 2012 Nicole Mckoy 

Tim P.O.V. 

It had been a week since Olivia left me after I confessed to being unfaithful to her. I felt a part of me messing everyday she stayed away. The last words she said to me where “FUCK YOU TIM”. I had never heard her sound so hurt and angry. It pained me to know that I was the reason she felt that way. I wanted to fix this situation but I just didn’t know how. She never did anything to make me step out on her but I still did what I wanted. I was a horrible person and I knew that. 

I lay in bed alone missing the presence of my wife. I wanted her to just come back home and let me explain. She needed to know that I didn’t cheat because I didn’t love her but because I was angry and frustrated. All I ever wanted since I married her was a baby with her. I wanted us to have a big family but that was taken away from me the day the doctors said Olivia would never be able to carry a child to term. 

Olivia had gone through multiple miscarriages before we finally got the news of her not being able to have children. I knew she felt like a failure to me because she couldn’t produce a child but I never once thought of her as a failure. Children or not I would always love her. 

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and sat up. I looked to the door and saw Olivia walk into our bedroom. 

She was back. She had come back to me to work things out. I felt a wave of relief hit me as I got up off the bed. 

“You came home,” I said. 

“I’m just here to get some more of my things,” Olivia said. 

“Olivia don’t leave me again. Lets just talk this out,” I said. 

“Tim there is nothing to talk about. You cheated and knocked some other woman up. We’re done for good. I want a-“ 

“Don’t say it! We’re not breaking up. I’m not going to lose you.” 

“You lost me the second you slept with that woman! I’m not staying married to a cheater Tim!” 

“Olivia we can go to therapy or something. I’ll do anything just don’t leave me.” 

Olivia rolled her eyes and went into our closet. I followed behind her and saw her grabbing more of her things. This wasn’t happening. I wasn’t really going to lose her over one mistake. I knew I was wrong but I couldn’t lose her. 

As Olivia picked up her clothes I snatched them out of her hands and threw them to the ground. She glared at me and just grabbed more stuff. 

Everything Olivia took I would take away from her and throw it. She wasn’t leaving me after we had spent ten years of marriage together. She was my high school sweetheart. We had so many good memories. Why was she so quick to give up on us? 

“Tim stop throwing my things around! I’m leaving and you can’t stop me!” Olivia yelled. 

She thought she was leaving well I had news for her. I walked out of the closet and went to our bedroom door and slammed the door and locked it. She wasn’t leaving this room until we worked this out and came to some kind of understanding. 

Olivia walked out of the closet with two suitcases full of her things. 

“Tim move out of my way,” Olivia said. 

“No we’re going to talk about this like adults,” I said.

“I don’t have anything to say to you other than nice knowing ya.”