Chapter 15

Copyright © 2012 Nicole Mckoy 

Tim P.O.V.

Tonight was a company dinner and I wasn’t looking forward to going with Olivia only because Mitch would be there. Ever since she gave Mitch his stuff back we’ve been working on our marriage little by little.

I walked into the house and went upstairs. I had just gotten back from taking the DNA test with Elena. She was working with me on everything and not making things difficult which I was grateful for. 

I walked into the bedroom and saw Olivia trying on dresses. She was throwing all of her clothes all over the room during this process.

“Olivia why are you messing up our room?” I asked.

“Because none of this stuff looks good enough to wear to your dinner tonight,” Olivia said.

“I’m sure something looks good enough for you to wear tonight. Honey you’ll look beautiful in anything you wear,” I said. 

Olivia took off the dress she had on and threw it across the room. 

“You’re just saying that. I can’t look bad I have to look good tonight,” Olivia said. 

“Why? It’s just a dinner,” I said. 

“You wouldn’t understand!” 

Olivia walked into the bathroom and slammed the door. I was going to ask her if she was ok but then the doorbell rung. 

I walked downstairs to the front door to see who was there. I opened the door and there was a deliveryman at the door with a package for Olivia. I signed for it then closed the door. 

I walked back upstairs looking at the box trying to see whom it was from. But I couldn’t see the senders name anywhere on the box. 

“Sweetheart you have a package,” I said. 

Olivia walked out of the bathroom in only her bra and underwear. She took the box from me and opened it. 

Inside the package was a dress. Olivia took the dress out and held it to her body. It was a strapless short champagne colored dress with detailed beading. 

“This is beautiful. I’m going to try it on,” Olivia said.

While Olivia went into the bathroom to try on the dress I looked through the box trying to look for a note or something. This dress had to come from someone. 

I looked through all the paper in the box and found a note at the bottom of the box. I looked at the note and it read “For my beautiful baby” on the front. 

I took the note out of the envelope and read it. 

Olivia,

I know you told me to move on but I can’t. I love you so I had to buy this for you to wear tonight. I know Tim made you give all your stuff back to me but baby you deserve this. I want you to feel beautiful tonight and I hope this brings a smile to your face. I’m bringing a date tonight but I need you to know she is just coming with me because I didn’t want to come alone. I’ll play up the date card but just know none of it is real because I only want you. I want us to work this out and stay together even if you don’t leave Tim. After the dinner I want you to come over and spend the night with me. We have a lot to talk about so we can make this work. Just come over when Tim goes to bed. I’ll make sure you get home early enough so Tim won’t know the difference. Also I have special lingerie in this package that you should wear underneath the dress. I can’t wait to see you tonight.