Chapter 7

Copyright © 2012 Nicole Mckoy 

Tim P.OV.

After work I went straight home and wanted to get to the bottom of what Mitch told me about Olivia. I knew our marriage was struggling but I didn’t think she’d go looking to my best friend for comfort. 

I walked through the front door and didn’t smell dinner like I normally did. Every night I would be hit with the aroma of a home cooked meal from my wife. But tonight I wasn’t welcomed home with the familiar scent. 

I walked into the kitchen to see if maybe Olivia was just running late with dinner. When I got into the kitchen it was empty and the lights were off. The kitchen was clean and no food was made. 

Ok something was wrong with this picture. 

I walked upstairs to my bedroom and saw Olivia lying in bed watching some reruns of some reality show. 

“Honey where is dinner?” I asked. 

“I didn’t make any. Since you want to pick up burgers now maybe fast food should be your stop after work every night,” she said harshly. 

“Olivia it was just one night I’m sorry.” 

“Yeah whatever.” 

“Ok we need to have a talk because I’m not putting up with this attitude from you anymore.” 

I picked up the remote and turned off the television. Olivia sat up and glared at me. 

“I was watching that Tim!” she yelled. 

“We need to talk,” I said. 

“About what?” 

“Olivia I’m just going to come out and ask. Did you hit on Mitch today when I had him stop by to bring you lunch." 

Olivia gasped in shock.

“How dare you ask me something like that Tim! No I didn’t hit on your best friend. I just thanked him for bring me the lunch he ordered for me,” Olivia said. 

“He ordered? Olivia I ordered that lunch and had him drop it off to you because I couldn’t make it home to bring it to you myself,” I explained. 

“No you didn’t Tim! Mitch brought me some food that you couldn’t even afford! How dare you try to take credit for his kindness then accuse me of coming on to him! Tim what is wrong with you?” 

“What did he bring you to eat?”

“None of your business.” 

“Olivia answer the question!” 

“Spago.” 

“Spago? What is that?” 

“Its fine dining Tim! Something you could never give me so there. See you didn’t tell him to bring me that food.” 

Something wasn’t right. Why would Mitch bring Olivia something from a fancy restaurant I never even heard of? I knew he had more money than me but… was he trying to show me up or something. I was thinking crazy. Mitch was my friend and this must have been some kind of misunderstanding. 

I shook my head snapping myself out of thought. I looked over to see that Olivia was putting on her shoes. What was she doing?

“Honey what are you doing?” I asked. 

“Leaving!” she yelled. 

“Why?” 

“Because I refuse to be in a house with a man that doesn’t trust me!”