001

(Y/N) - your name

-

Getting hit by a truck is like a blink of an eye. Because that's how I felt. Imagine, standing in the middle of a quiet road, blink your eyes and then you're dead. July 15th, it was my 19th birthday, my best friend Jaeho gave me a gift. Let me describe Jaeho for you. Jaeho is a 10/10, many girls admire him, some boys may turn gay for him, I swear it's hard having a bestfriend like him. (A/N : But if you like to imagine him as Jaeho from History, then fine. Jaeho is hot af anyways.) He's tall and is really handsome. We celebrated in a classy restaurant and that day was everything. It's not a party where I invite my friends at my house, have drinks and play games. But instead it is a elegant yet simple dinner with my loved ones. After the time we finished our food, my dad called the waiter for the bill and whispered a word to him. I didn't want to end that day. I was actually wishing for that day to never end. Seeing my parents and friends smile and laugh while someone is telling a story. I could spend my whole day like this. Someone wrapped around a handkerchief around my eyes. And I felt a faint smell of Bleu De Chanel. "Stand up birthday girl." My best friend whispered to me. He held my hand and led me to somewhere after he let go of my hand and walked away I stood there, didn't know what to do. I took off the handkerchief and everything is pitched black until,

"Happy Birthday!" The lights opened and in front me, it's funny and cute to look at. Because these people who are clothed with black suits and stylish dresses are wearing party hats, holding a party popper and party horns. And the restaurant that is furnished with only gold and white is decorated with colorful banners and balloons. My mom and my dad dressed up as a clown while holding a cake.

"Make your wish." my mom smiled at me.

I wish that I'll always celebrate my birthday like this forever and I wish to live forever to be with them.

Yeah, I know it's a silly wish. Other people would've had wished for money or for something that they really want to have. And so I blew the candles. They sang me a happy birthday. After the small but happy party, we bid goodbyes with our friends. I stood at the door of the restaurant, Jaeho stood beside me.

"Hey, I just wanted to say something before we leave."

My heart started to beat fast, as I anticipated on what he has to say.

"What is it?" he gulped down and opened his mouth,

"We are moving to Paris this weekend."

My heart felt a pang after he said that. I knew this guy since we were in diapers. I never thought that after fifteen years we'll be separated from each other. My family and his are really close, but we were not. The time we became best buds is when we were in middle school. And if I were to think of my childhood, he is involved in everything. He looked down and held my hand.

"I know it's too sudden and I shouldn't have said this on your very special day. But here's another thing."

This time he held both of my hands, and looked directly in my eyes.

"I know we've been friends for years, okay never mind I'm going straight to the point. I love you (Y/N), I was hiding this feelings for so long because I know it'll just ruin our friendship, you know those typical best friend love stories. But now I've gathered enough courage to tell you. Wait a second."

He let go of my hand and took something from his pocket. It was a silver box with a ribbon on top.

"I want you to promise me to keep what's inside this box, you should still have it if we meet again."

He gave it to me and I opened it. Inside, it was a couple ring. He took one out and slipped it in my ring finger,

"Just imagine we're married and it is our wedding ring." He chuckled.

"And maybe soon enough, we don't have to imagine we're married because we already are married." I laughed then bit my lower lip. I looked at him and who wouldn't like this sweet guy?

"I have something to confess too." I cleared my throat.

"Do you remember why we can't find out who was that girl sending you sweet letters on your locker?" Jaeho looked at me in shock

"So it was you all along? (Y/N), you don't even know how stressed I was trying to figure out who was that girl! I even risked checking out other girl's notebooks just to compare hand writings." He shook his head.

"I'm sorry. I was just scared like you." I laughed at him.

"I really wish you didn't have to go." I whispered. Jaeho reached out for my cheek and caressed it, he leaned in and kissed me on my lips, I responded. He touched my forehead with his and whispered,

"We'll see each other soon, okay?" A tear slipped on my cheek and I nodded. He gave me one last kiss,

"I love you." It was really hard to let him go, especially when we confessed before he goes. I really don't believe that long distance relationships would work but actually it does work. It just takes a matter of trust and patience.

It was 11 in the morning, I was talking to Jaeho through phone. "Hey, I'm just gonna grab some food to eat outside. I'll call you later okay? Love you bye." I hung up and slipped it in my pocket. I was about to cross the street but there's this little girl standing in the middle of a busy road. No one even bothered to help so I went to her and grabbed her by the hand. But before we could reach the sidewalk, I was thrown away. My hand slipped off from the little girl's hand. I landed on the cold asphalt and my vision got blurry. My body was numb and I saw blood coming out from my head. The little girl was crying and a tear fell from my eyes. The people began calling for help. Before I lost my consciousness, I heard a ring from my phone. The paramedic carried me and I saw my phone lying on the ground, it was Jaeho who's calling.

I opened my eyes looked at the ceiling above. I gasped, knowing that I still survived. I sat on my bed and looked around. I am in a empty room, with just me and the bed. I got off from my bed, and glanced back on the hospital bed. I covered my mouth with my two hands, seeing my own body lying on it. I guess I didn't make it. The door of my room creaked opened and my mom's head poked out. She walked towards my body together with my dad. I brought myself beside her to put my hands on her shoulder but it just passed through her body.